TravelTalkOnline

Best Tomato sauce ever

Posted By: LBI2SXM

Best Tomato sauce ever - 09/20/2018 07:15 PM

This sauce over pasta is unbelievably delicious! It's a recipe from the late Marcella Hazan's (famous Italian chef) cookbook and promoted by the NY Times.

Only 4 ingredients and super simple.

28 0z. can San Marsano whole tomatoes

5 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 medium onion cut in half

dash salt

In a 3 quart saucepan, add tomatoes, butter, onion and salt. bring to a simmer. Crush tomatoes with spoon and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes. Remove onion and serve over hot pasta and grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Enjoy.
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 09/21/2018 04:27 PM

We eat a lot of pasta, but have gotten away from traditional tomato sauces! I found the NYT's piece....some of the comments are funny because people just HAVE TO add to her recipe, ha!. I'll try this one following her recipe, very simple, just don't walk away from the sauce!
Posted By: William Alexander

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 10/01/2018 08:35 AM

Great
Posted By: William Alexander

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 10/01/2018 08:38 AM

Great
The best way to make a Tomato Sauce .
YOU ARE A GREAT ADVISER
LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 10/01/2018 05:38 PM

I have posted many recipes on this forum but I must say I have never had a response like yours. Thank you and I am honored that you liked it that much to make such a comment. Do you like to cook? If so, please share some of your recipes to us from Great Britain.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 11/07/2018 09:04 PM

I actually have that cookbook, and have made this sauce often. I can never bring myself to discard the onion. I slice it thickly and stir it into the sauce; it adds nice texture.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 11/11/2018 12:10 AM

But, but.....garlic?

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 11/11/2018 02:36 AM

I absolutely love garlic, put it in everything. This is one recipe you will not even miss the garlic. I wondered that too. I also felt the same as Georgia about the onion. You are supposed to discard it but I just couldn't.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Best Tomato sauce ever - 12/25/2018 06:29 PM

This would make a great pizza sauce as well and you could use the onions as a topping
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline