TravelTalkOnline

Best Hotel near SeaTac or Cruise Terminal

Posted By: o2bnsxm

Best Hotel near SeaTac or Cruise Terminal - 02/10/2015 01:00 AM

Hi all,
We booked our Alaska Cruise, and are flying in the day before the Cruise and staying the day of disembarking the ship in a Hotel. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel near SeaTac ? Due to the non stop flight leaving at 10:30 am the day we get off the ship, we thought it best to stay the night, and make the non stop back to New Orleans the next day.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Best Hotel near SeaTac or Cruise Terminal - 02/12/2015 02:02 PM

Back when I traveled for business I would stay at the Doubletree Seattle Airport right across Pacific Highway S from the terminal. At the time it had a very good bar and restaurant, along with free shuttle service to and from the Terminal.

Disclaimer - my last trip to Seattle was about five years ago, so check the latest reviews on the travel web sites...

Re: Best Hotel near SeaTac or Cruise Terminal - 02/12/2015 06:20 PM

Thanks Bill. I guess "Best Hotel" was too much to ask in the title. From what I have read on reviews, the hotels near the Cruise Pier are very nice, but very $$$$. The ones near the airport are all trashy with comments like being propositioned by hookers in the lobby, or a drunk running off with their suitcase while checking in, or people urinating in the hotel parking lot, drug deals in the stairwells, etc. Not much to making a decision, pay for a decent place (around $300.00 per night), or stay near the airport and feel like I'm in the French Quarter in New Orleans.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Best Hotel near SeaTac or Cruise Terminal - 02/15/2015 12:41 AM

For our Alaskan cruise we wanted a few days after the cruise as we never have been to Seattle. We were looking for a little upscale and had a fabulous stay at the Pan Pacific. Wonderful seafood restaurant, walk to Pike's Market, and outstanding service in the hotel.

Re: Best Hotel near SeaTac or Cruise Terminal - 02/21/2015 05:47 PM

Thanks sail2wind, I will check it out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline