TravelTalkOnline

How do FLA residents get last minute cruise deals

Posted By: PelicanPirate

How do FLA residents get last minute cruise deals - 01/19/2019 11:16 AM

Ive heard several people tell their retired parents get last minute (within days of departure) deals on cruises by being walkup/standby buyers. Cruise line just trying to fill the boat to pay taxes, sell alcohol and get gamblers.

I think we experienced this on a Christmas cruise a few years ago where you could see tons of cabins available a week or two out and we were hoping for an upgrade across the hall from our inside. But sure enough they filled that boat.

Do you drive up to the port?, some office? The Carnival Corporate Office (for all their cruise lines Princess, Carnival, Costa)? Is there a travel agent that specializes in almost free cruises?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: How do FLA residents get last minute cruise deals - 01/19/2019 02:01 PM

They generally weren't within DAYS, but around a month or so when they booked, but my in-laws used to be on an email mailing list that featured last minute deals. That was a few years ago, but I suspect that would probably be the way to go these days still. Maybe if we ever stop working, we'll check it out sometime!! Let us know what you find out..
Posted By: RobT

Re: How do FLA residents get last minute cruise deals - 02/02/2019 06:22 PM

I have heard stories about people getting last minute deals in the past. Now that we live near Fort Lauderdale, I would like to try that too once we get settled. What is a good source?
Posted By: jphart

Re: How do FLA residents get last minute cruise deals - 02/10/2019 03:50 AM

Marketing BS, click bait

Days of old, yes. Not in today’s dynamic pricing environment. Cruise lines goal is to sell >100% of cabins way before departure. Slight chance in off-peak dates. But again off peak is well known time frame, and they market groups for that time. Ie post thanksgiving, pre Christmas, etc.
Posted By: RobT

Re: How do FLA residents get last minute cruise deals - 02/10/2019 05:36 PM

Thanks JPH. That is what I thought, but I have not done any research yet. Just got back from a 7- day cruise on the enormous Harmony of the Seas. They said it was full booked.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline