TravelTalkOnline

Marrero's /Pilot House

Posted By: debjoe

Marrero's /Pilot House - 01/09/2015 02:17 PM

I have been to the Pilot House three times and really enjoyed my stay. How does Marreros compare to the Pilot House. My wife and I are thinking about staying at Marreros in March.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 01/11/2015 04:34 PM

Having stayed at both places more than once , I will say we prefer Marreros . Pilot House has the one advantage of the large hot tub. However,Marreros big advantage for us is the happy hour. Steve is the best host we have seen and meeting the other guests with him on the front porch at breakfast and happy hour makes for fond memories of our stays.

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 01/12/2015 03:26 PM

Thank you . I think we will go with Marrero's.
Posted By: markis

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 01/14/2015 09:40 AM

I would like to hear what you think when you get back. We have stayed at Pilot House as well, in the Cabana suites. I will be interested to see what you prefer.
Cheers,
Posted By: JulieandBob

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 01/26/2015 01:55 AM

DebJoe, we're booked for Marrero's in March. When are you guys going?

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 01/27/2015 03:58 PM

We are going March 24
Posted By: Pan

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 02/01/2015 06:14 PM

Marreros by far for reasons stated above. You can't stand up around the pool at Pilot house without covering up where as Marreros has better privacy.
Posted By: rockhill

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/22/2015 06:13 PM

Marrero's has been sold effective May 13th. Effective June 17th or so the pool is no longer clothing optional. A fun place is now gone.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/22/2015 06:40 PM

Wow, crap.. We have never been there, but I always entertained hopes of going there to stay.
Posted By: WayneH

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/22/2015 08:05 PM

And don't forget that Pilot House is closing in November. That was another place with a clothing optional pool area.

Wayne <><

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/23/2015 09:57 AM

Very sad, I loved the Pilot House.
Posted By: Pan

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/23/2015 06:04 PM

This is sad news. I wonder if Steve will stay on as manager.

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/23/2015 09:20 PM

Nope, Steve is "retired". The repeat offenders are now homeless. I hope the new owners have thought thru their business model. They have alienated a very loyal repeat customer base.
Posted By: rusticchisler

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/23/2015 09:23 PM

Carol_Hill said:
Wow, crap.. We have never been there, but I always entertained hopes of going there to stay.
Us too, we had planned a driving trip to the keys this fall with a stop at Marrero's B&B, oh well. Can still look forward to a first visit to Haulover Beach on the way down.

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/24/2015 10:04 AM

Are there any clothing optional places left in Key West?

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/24/2015 01:22 PM

Not that I know of.
Posted By: rusticchisler

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/24/2015 04:54 PM

Isn't there a rooftop bar that is c/o?

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/24/2015 07:15 PM

Garden of Eden,above the Bull and Whistle on Duval. More spectator than clothing optional. Definitely not a B and B or guest house.
Posted By: CaptainJim

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/27/2015 08:59 PM

Just cancelled our reservations for January.....plenty of other places to stay (but none clothing optional)

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/28/2015 09:10 AM

Does anyone know why Pilot House is closing? When we have been there it always seemed busy. I e-mailed them to confirm, but they never answered.
Cheers,

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/28/2015 01:13 PM

markis said:
Does anyone know why Pilot House is closing? When we have been there it always seemed busy. I e-mailed them to confirm, but they never answered.
Cheers,

Maybe it was sold BECAUSE it was always busy. It would then b at it's highest value.Can't understand why they are all doing away with clothing optional pools? Olivia by Duval and now Marrero's. Both had a high rate of repeaters. And Key West approved a nude beach but has never opened one ???

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/28/2015 01:28 PM

Did they actually approve the nude beach in Key West? I had heard they were talking about it, but never heard it was actually approved..

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/29/2015 02:24 PM

Carol_Hill said:
Did they actually approve the nude beach in Key West? I had heard they were talking about it, but never heard it was actually approved..

I heard from an Inn-keeper there that it was approved but they can't agree on a location

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 05/29/2015 02:58 PM

OK, it's really esoteric if you don't have a location.. That's silly to even propose it and agree on it, unless you agree on a location. Sounds like a political deal, to say, we agree with the principle, but practically, it won't work, because there's no place we can put it.
Posted By: JulieandBob

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 06/02/2015 05:18 PM

There are a few places left that have C/O decks, but none that allow that at the pool. Pointless if you ask me. Right, get all sweaty, then put ON a bathing suit to walk down a flight of stairs to go in the water. REALLY? One of which was Chelsea House which I heard was going to be phased out.

Not sure what the reasoning is. Makes you think Disney had something to do with the funding of the latest ownership changes.

There has even been talk of toning down Fantasy Fest. Enforcing the FF "Zone" Bottom line, if you are going to get body pain you might have to have some sort of cover-up to get to and from Duval Street. WTF

Uggh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 08/27/2015 05:42 PM

Upcoming trip the Florida Keys, now that Marrero's does not allow c/o use of pool would Pilot House be an option? Trip Advisor reviews indicate an upcoming remodel which will eliminate c/o use at their pool. Anyone know specifics?

Re: Marrero's /Pilot House - 08/28/2015 08:43 AM

They are to be closing in January for a remodel. The word is when they re-open they will no longer be clothing optional. I don't believe there are going to be any clothing optional choices on Key West after that.
We are going down in October for one last visit before the change.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline