TravelTalkOnline

The Natural for sale...

Posted By: chazo

The Natural for sale... - 05/15/2018 03:45 PM

Since someone mentioned that Desert Sun is for sale, I figured it's newsworthy that The Natural is also for sale. Anyone have $1.3M sitting around they would like to spend?

https://www.realestate-curacao.com/...-middle-of-nature-in-san-sebastiaan.html
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: The Natural for sale... - 05/15/2018 09:47 PM

Sounds like a deal! Although the room rates may have to go up. LOL
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: The Natural for sale... - 05/16/2018 12:45 AM

Interesting. Wonder how much they paid for it and whether it will stay AN
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: The Natural for sale... - 05/17/2018 05:23 AM

This is a surprise. We just spent 10 wonderful days there, and there was no hint of it being up for sale. Although, practically any thing is for sale for the right price.

Re: The Natural for sale... - 05/17/2018 04:38 PM

Alas, there is a big difference between "anything is for sale for the right price" and listing with a real estate agent.

On the one hand, the resort seems to have a fairly high occupancy and that's likely because it is AN. How many other resorts in Curacao are likely to be full in May? But, finding someone who will buy it and continue running it as that may be very difficult. I notice they don't mention in the listing that it is AN, so they clearly don't think that is a selling point.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: The Natural for sale... - 05/17/2018 05:06 PM

My feeling is that anyone that was LOCAL would know that it currently is an AN resort, and anyone in the NATURIST community would also know it. But with in effect a worldwide ad, someone might be interested in the resort in general and might NOT be interested if they knew it was an AN resort..

Re: The Natural for sale... - 10/15/2018 04:55 PM

it is listed as "Under Contract" now, which I assume means it has been sold.

Re: The Natural for sale... - 10/15/2018 05:08 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens with it once sold, as to whether it will continue to be offered as a naturist resort. I hope so.

Re: The Natural for sale... - 10/15/2018 06:41 PM

"I hope so". So do I. Even though the island isn't St. Martin, we loved the resort, and would go back.

Re: The Natural for sale... - 10/24/2018 03:31 PM

We got an email saying that it had been sold and was under new management, but Paul & Tatjiana, whom we liked very much. would still be there to greet guests. They also said that future plans include additional units and a bar by the pool.

Re: The Natural for sale... - 10/24/2018 04:03 PM

Under new management, but still a naturist resort?? If so, that's good news! It seems like everywhere we turn, there are less naturist opportunities.

Re: The Natural for sale... - 10/24/2018 11:22 PM

We got that too. The details are at: http://www.thenaturalcuracao.com/en/news/. I consider this very good news. We really enjoyed The Natural and will be back sometime in the next few years. Hopefully they won't bump up the rates too much. We found the Villa to be a real bargain.

Re: The Natural for sale... - 10/27/2018 02:11 AM

I agree, very good news. I would recommend this place - and having Paul & Tatjana still there is even better. Great hosts.
Posted By: Kamehameha

Re: The Natural for sale... - 02/23/2019 02:37 AM

We stayed there in October and loved it and our hosts. We got an email shortly thereafter that it had been sold but that Paul & Tatjana would be staying. Highly recommend it, but you definitely need a car, not like the Royal Sea Aquarium area where we stay every year. A trade off for clothing optional!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline