TravelTalkOnline

AANR or TNS Membership

Posted By: Sun4MnM

AANR or TNS Membership - 06/14/2018 05:29 PM

Trying to decide between AANR and TNS membership. Any thoughts on which offers more bang for the buck?
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: AANR or TNS Membership - 06/14/2018 11:48 PM

They are both great organizations and both do great work keeping our freedom to enjoy naturiism that is active and available. Ideally you would want to be members of both...

I am sure others will chime in... My personal guess is that AANR is a little more focused on protecting our rights to have nudist resorts and campgrounds and to represent their members in dealing with the US Government and State governments.

Again, my personal guess is that TNS has that as a focus and also is more active in preserving nudist access in Public Lands in the west...

But both are excellent champions of protecting our rights...

Both are great organizations!

Both have great (but different) magazines they send their members.

Others please chime in with your thoughts!

Posted By: Biturbo

Re: AANR or TNS Membership - 06/15/2018 05:13 AM

We've been members of TNS for at least 10 years. We originally joined because of the 10% discount at Club Orient, and as such it has paid for itself. It includes a quarterly magazine and has senior discounts. They support legislative actions which protect naturist's interests.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: AANR or TNS Membership - 06/15/2018 08:42 PM

IMHO TNS. I'm aware of but never joined AANR, perhaps because I thought TNS was more serious and focused on nude recreation on public lands, which I prefer.
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: AANR or TNS Membership - 06/16/2018 11:49 AM

I joined both. Removes the decision, is cheap enough and they both do important work.
Posted By: FireProf

Re: AANR or TNS Membership - 06/16/2018 02:09 PM

As others have stated, we joined both. Because they each focus on slightly different nudist venues, club/resorts (AANR) vs beaches and public lands(TNS), and we like visiting all of these types of places, it felt right to join both. We are members of a 100% AANR Club. Our AANR dues is included in our annual club dues. TNS offers a senior discount and both are not that expensive for all the things they do for us and benefits they provide. The magazines are one thing but if you're a frequent visitor to most clubs and resorts, here in the US or abroad, chances are those venues will offer discounts on lodging and many other things.

I get the same amount of discount with my AAA card as I do with AANR card when we rent vehicles, so I always use my AANR card. I've had several people at the rental car place look at the discount card from AANR and take a double take and say … "Cool!" It can start up some good conversations about nudism/naturism.
Posted By: Eabnaturist

Re: AANR or TNS Membership - 08/27/2018 01:14 AM

I have life memberships to both. I feel that TNS does more for the public use, and AANR is more loyal to the clubs themselves. With that said, slightly more places offer discounts to AANR than offer to both.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline