TravelTalkOnline

new vacation location

Posted By: TANDP

new vacation location - 10/07/2021 03:12 PM

can anyone suggest a nice clothing optional resort to visit for our spring vacation somewhere in Florida. St. Martin was our preferred destination but not anymore because of all the issues with the covid requirements and the destruction from the hurricanes. Thanks
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: new vacation location - 10/07/2021 11:03 PM

Try Cypress Cove in Kissimmee
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: new vacation location - 10/08/2021 03:50 AM

Depends if you are looking for a social situation or if you are looking for just a great place that you can be co in private. Remember just because it is spring in Florida doesn’t mean it is beach weather. It depends on month and how far south you are willing to go.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: new vacation location - 10/08/2021 11:40 AM

Cypress Cove is our choice for clothing optional vacation. IMHO nothing else in Florida matches it.
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: new vacation location - 10/08/2021 03:14 PM

Agreed on Cypress Cove. But if you just have to have a nude beach (not counting the little one Cypress has on Brown Lake) I would check out Blind Creek. Really nice, long beach but with minimal facilities as yet. Try Airbnb for a condo nearby or there are hotels 10-15 min away. Info here: https://www.treasurecoastnaturists.org/
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: new vacation location - 10/09/2021 04:34 AM

We went to Jenson Beach in June and had Blind Creek on the agenda. Went up one day and passed the entrance because we needed lunch. We ate at the next spot up and headed back. Parking was great and we did the entrance furthest north. The beach was great. The day we went the surf was very rough. So if you add up a hot day with rough surf and no facilities you get a not so great experience. We had no chairs so just a blanket in the sand there’s no beach walking. We didn’t stay past an hour. Maybe a great beach if you live local but not a great tourist spot.

Re: new vacation location - 10/09/2021 01:08 PM

"there’s no beach walking"? We enjoy beach walking very much there (over a mile long!) so not sure what you mean. Like any beach the weather affects the enjoyment, sorry yours wasn't the best. Beachbums like us have quite a bit wider margin I suppose. For sure, one needs to be prepared with chairs, umbrellas, etc. Just depends on what you are looking for and how you define "Tourist". IMHO many people into our naturist lifestyle are happy to find ANY compatible beaches these days, and are willing to travel a ways to enjoy same.
Posted By: Joecool

Re: new vacation location - 11/07/2021 11:09 PM

We agree with you Chuck&Joni. Plenty of beach walking. That was the highlight of our first trip to Blind Creek. We too had rough surf and wind. As naturists, you make it work. Looking forward to our next trip in March 2022.
Posted By: elanelown

Re: new vacation location - 02/17/2022 05:00 PM

I have heard from friends that Cypress Cove Resort has the best vacation spots and good reviews. If in doubt, go to their official website to read more reviews.

Re: new vacation location - 02/18/2022 01:18 PM

And I'd be happy to answer any questions about the Cove since we stay here all winter. Main thing to know is that the Lakeside restaurant is still closed, dining needs being mostly met by the Cheeks pool bar. There's entertainment on weekends outside by the pool. Some great weather right now!!
Posted By: Dan_Harper

Re: new vacation location - 02/23/2022 02:00 PM

Have you heard when they might reopen the Lakeside restaurant. Cheeks is ok, but (wife especially) miss the Lakeside restaurant. Planning another trip up to C.C soon but have been waiting to see if the restaurant reopens..........Thanks

Re: new vacation location - 02/26/2022 01:17 AM

Ted Hadley, the owner, says that Lakeside will reopen when Covid allows and when they can hire enough staff back. Keep checking at the office is all I can say.
Posted By: elanelown

Re: new vacation location - 03/01/2022 12:28 PM

I have heard from friends that Cypress Cove Resort has the best vacation spots and good reviews. If in doubt, go to their official website to read more reviews. Of course, you can always find negative reviews there, but vacationers are happy with the service, food, and clothing there for the most part. I haven't been there because I don't like the heat too much. This year I want to visit Europe in general. Many people will be surprised by this choice, but I dream of taking a train ride through Germany. So in the summer I'll go there with my wife, find some resorts there.
Posted By: Bareman

Re: new vacation location - 08/29/2022 01:13 AM

We have been to Paradise Lakes Nudist resort in Land O'Lakes Florida quite a few times. We have not been there yet, but Lake Como Nusist Resort has tenting and cabins and then there is Caliente, all three are in the same general area.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline