TravelTalkOnline

Does water taxi save time over ferry?

Posted By: Momx3

Does water taxi save time over ferry? - 03/02/2015 01:13 PM

Is a water taxi just a nice convenience or does it save a lot of time over the ferry? I know most don't take you to Road Town now but I am looking at Ocean Dreams who apparently still can go all the way there.
Posted By: PEDCO

Re: Does water taxi save time over ferry? - 03/02/2015 03:06 PM

we have used both , when the water taxi could- check you in and take you right to your dock and reverse it was well worth the $80-$100.00 more per person for the convenience and making logistics much easier for crew members that were flying in/out on same day as chartering

Not sure it is worth the cost with just taking you to the customs dock unless your flight time will not work with the Ferry schedule
Posted By: Cratti

Re: Does water taxi save time over ferry? - 03/02/2015 03:26 PM

Not sure if going to Road Town, but we used Dohm's in January and it was well worth it. The guys in our group went down 2 days early and were waiting in White Bay, JVD for us (the ladies). Dohm's took us to Great Harbor, JVD and cleared us in. Within moments we were enjoying our first round of drinks at Foxy's. The best was that our flight landed an hour early (amazing!) and the cab was waiting for us as we exited the airport despite arriving early. Great service!
Posted By: Momx3

Re: Does water taxi save time over ferry? - 03/02/2015 04:27 PM

We are going to Road Town. I just e-mailed with Captain Chris from Ocean Dreams and he is still allowed to check you in the take you right to Road Town. I think I will book him today just for the way over and use the regular ferry on the way back. My husband said he thinks the cost is worth it to be able to start the trip without any headaches- hopefully it works!

Oh, and do you guys know if Kevin can take us to Red Hook? Is it still $10 a person? I will try to contact him soon.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Does water taxi save time over ferry? - 03/02/2015 04:50 PM

Yes to Red Hook but more than $10..
Posted By: Knotthead

Re: Does water taxi save time over ferry? - 03/02/2015 06:39 PM

Captain Chris is great. Have used him 4 or 5 trips and the service was always top notch.
Terry
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline