TravelTalkOnline

Crewed Charter Suggestions

Posted By: Kryssa

Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/11/2015 06:47 PM

Looking for suggestions on a crewed charter for 4-6 adults. A monohull or catamaran would be fine, but we would like a boat with air conditioning.

A crew familiar with dive sites would be great, but not a requirement. We have at least 2 divers traveling with us.

Thank you!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/11/2015 07:05 PM

http://www.yachtcatatonic.com/Yacht_Catatonic/Welcome.html

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/11/2015 07:09 PM

http://www.sailingbluemoon.com/

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/11/2015 07:09 PM

Both are excellent choices...just depends on what you're looking for! Good luck! I'm sure others will chime in!
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/11/2015 07:31 PM

Blue Moon is typically a Captain-only charter, if that effects your decision.

You can't go wrong with Captain Jim on Blue Moon!
Posted By: LivinLarge

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/11/2015 07:41 PM

Take a look at this one ... I highly recommend the crew !!! Captain Marcus and First Mate Risa are awesome. Risa provided some amazing food and Marcus was a superb captain in all aspects.

http://www.iyachtclub.com/yachts/caribbe.../#Charter-Rates

S/V Karizma
Posted By: Catatonic

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/12/2015 12:07 PM

We would love to have you aboard!
Pamela
Posted By: bestofbviboats

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/12/2015 10:21 PM

Hi, we've just attended the USVI boat show and 4 days at the BVI Boat Show, which ended today so please contact us if we can help you with the yacht and crew which best fits your requirements.
Posted By: Caribbean5

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/13/2015 12:58 AM

We were at the BVI Boat show and there are lots of good boats and plenty of bad ones. So be carful. I always go through a reputable broker to make make sure we get a good booking. There are many that are on the edge and I would not do them.

If you are interested in a good broker let me know, as you want to be sure you get one that is quality and trustworthy.
Posted By: kunphuzn

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/13/2015 04:59 AM

My suggestion, ask lots of questions . We have done two crewed charters and the first one a few years ago was a dream come true. I literally wept the last night because it was coming to an end. Last years, well.....I felt like I was robbed at gunpoint. After dropping 12k (off season rates) to charter a boat with ensuite showers, we arrived to be told we can't use them and they take "Caribbean showers" aka bathing in the ocean. We were also forced to vacate the boat for several hours every afternoon so the crew could have personal time. There was not one fully relaxing day as we always had to pack up to be hauled into some beach club somewhere. We were sure they were getting some kind of a cut off our bar tabs. Every day it was another $10o-200 afternoon (4 ppl) after paying for an all inclusive charter. One day we were going to stage a mutiny and insist on "staying off the boat" by laying on loungers in the water behind the boat at cooper island The captain got verbally abusive with us until we said screw it, fine just take us to bar then. There are many other issues, too many to list but PM me if you want the name of the boat I don't recommend.

This time I cried because we spent just under 20k for the worst week of vacation I have ever taken.
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/13/2015 09:09 AM

Kunphuzn... That is a terrible story. Paying all that money and getting treated like an unwanted irritation is simply wrong. If the crew and boat are still together in the BVI you should name and shame.

My wife and I ran crewed charters aboard our boat for a couple of years and it is probably the hardest job we have ever done but guests should never get to see that.

It really can be 24/7. Many times we were up at 06.00 preparing breakfast and then still up at 02.00 trying to get up to 6 very drunk people safely back from the Willie T into the dinghy and aboard the boat without losing anyone into the water.

Having said that we did have a great time and hope all our guests did as well. We know most of them did as many now count as friends and we have met quite a few back at their homes in the U.S. and some have come and stayed with us in the U.K. as well.

Finally, there is no way you should have been made to feel you spent 20k to have the worst week of you life. The crew of that boat should be ashamed.
Posted By: BVIShuga

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/13/2015 02:25 PM

Kunphuzn - Wow! What a bad experience for you. Sorry!
Posted By: RickBlaine

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/13/2015 02:51 PM

Kunphuzn, please list the name of the boat so others can be warned.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 11/13/2015 05:26 PM

That is pathetic
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Crewed Charter Suggestions - 12/01/2015 06:27 AM

Well please don't be shy - what boat was that?! Want to be sure not to book them!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline