TravelTalkOnline

Water refill

Posted By: Jccarr

Water refill - 11/29/2015 02:58 PM

Looking for options to refill water in the JVD, CGB or west end area. Any suggestions.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Water refill - 11/29/2015 03:04 PM

All 3 usually have water. The docks are on the left when you come into Great Harbour & Cane Garden Bay, and on the right at the Voyage fuel dock when you come into Soper's Hole.
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Water refill - 11/29/2015 06:32 PM

The wind will generally set you onto the dock at Great Harbor making an easy landing. But can be sticky getting off if you don't plan for the wind.

In CGB, depending on the swells in Winter you might not want to use that dock.

Soper is the easiest. Radio the fuel dock on channel 11. It is often busy, so be prepared to be patient.
Posted By: Jccarr

Re: Water refill - 11/29/2015 07:52 PM

Thanks
Posted By: bigbone

Re: Water refill - 11/29/2015 08:45 PM

CGB works fine if there is no swell. Voyage in sopers hole is often very busy.
Lars
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Water refill - 11/30/2015 12:55 PM

Agree with all about CGB. We were there 2 weeks ago and filled up with water and fuel. Water fill up is at the end of the dock so you don't need to back in too far just for water. However the swells were just knocking us into the dock. And there's one cleat on the dock that looks like it could pull right out of the cement at any moment. Couldn't wait to get out of there. (Mark/Orion - no worries about Orion, we had every available fender out to keep her safe!)
Posted By: RickG

Re: Water refill - 11/30/2015 01:06 PM

We've taken on water at Great Harbor (North Latitude Marina) a couple of times this year and it was fine. We approached the fuel dock in Cane Garden Bay in January and chose not to go in due to swell; its pretty exposed. We went to the Sopers Hole fuel dock at Voyage Charters in July and November - very nice.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: WayneC

Re: Water refill - 11/30/2015 04:02 PM

I've taken on water at Little Harbor JDV. The dock to the right of the restaurants.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Water refill - 11/30/2015 04:47 PM

These are words you do not want to hear on a boat

"I've taken on water"
Posted By: WayneC

Re: Water refill - 11/30/2015 06:11 PM

Boy ain't that the truth! Glad I'm sitting behind a desk in Philadelphia.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline