TravelTalkOnline

Christmas in July?

Posted By: danmasi

Christmas in July? - 07/24/2016 03:31 PM

We're wheels-up in 48 hours. This is just me, my wife and two small kids so I planned the trip for a time when I thought things would be pretty dead to make it easier on my shorthanded crew, i.e. me. I forgot about the PRN.

Sounds like this is happening now... any idea when it dies down, and any tips on trying to keep our distance? With the right party, the festivities can be fun, but that's not us this year!

-d
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Christmas in July? - 07/24/2016 04:31 PM

Never been an issue for us. They anchor and don't use the mooring balls typically so you shouldn't have any issues with their parties.
Posted By: Will_L

Re: Christmas in July? - 07/24/2016 06:27 PM

If you are planning on spending a quiet evening in Pond Bay VG, better switch that plan. Other than that you probably won't have any trouble going wherever you like.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Christmas in July? - 07/24/2016 06:30 PM

After this weekend, it pretty much winds down. As Will mentioned, the big party is today in Pond Bay.
Posted By: trueblue

Re: Christmas in July? - 07/25/2016 02:25 PM

you will find very few late night parties since these boats are often the first to leave at first light. Also many are family boats. They are great boat handlers, and are very courteous. Of course there are always exceptions, but give me Christmas in July over spring break every time.
Posted By: NickR

Re: Christmas in July? - 07/26/2016 01:05 PM

Check out my pics on Facebook. Took us 1/2 hr to get in and and an hour to get out, never seen so many boats
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Christmas in July? - 07/26/2016 06:41 PM

Nick - where did you post pics?
Posted By: NickR

Re: Christmas in July? - 07/27/2016 12:22 PM

Rupert Starkey from Pirates posted. Will find them B
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline