TravelTalkOnline

Last day cleaning Bareboat Charter

Posted By: jonurseinor

Last day cleaning Bareboat Charter - 05/15/2017 02:41 AM

Shall I hire a maid!!!! Oh, do I need to start cleaning 2 days before? Or is clean but not spotless "good enough" . How picky do I need to be? Help? Do we need to fuel up(power cat) prior to returning to charter base? Is Diesel cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks,
Jolene
Posted By: rita_irvine

Re: Last day cleaning Bareboat Charter - 05/15/2017 02:55 AM

Pack all your bags and put them on the salon cushions. I strip all the linens and put them in the pillowcases. Leave them in the rooms they came out of. I sweep up the big chunks off the floors and use a towel to foot mop the floor. I make sure the head is not disgusting. All food is out of the lockers and fridge. I usually do this underway on the way to return the boat. Two of us on a mono. Takes me half and hour.
Posted By: rita_irvine

Re: Last day cleaning Bareboat Charter - 05/15/2017 02:57 AM

All garbage and trash in a bag to offload. Our charter company refuels us on return. Check with yours to see what the want you to do.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Last day cleaning Bareboat Charter - 05/15/2017 03:08 AM

The expectations vary widely between charter companies. Moorings/Sunsail don't expect very much, pretty much only trash removed and linens piled together. Some companies provide a detailed checklist and seemingly expect you to get the boat charter ready.
Posted By: jonurseinor

Re: Last day cleaning Bareboat Charter - 05/15/2017 04:22 AM

Thank you very much! We would like to be welcomed back, so do not want to leave a less than satisfactory cabin/salon.
Jolene
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline