TravelTalkOnline

Peter/Norman

Posted By: JD_Midnight

Peter/Norman - 09/10/2017 11:05 PM

Has anybody seen/ heard info on Peter,Norman,cooper?
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Peter/Norman - 09/10/2017 11:08 PM

Not much. Peter management posted that all were OK but resort heavily damaged.

Willy T is on shore in the corner of the Bight. Looks stripped to the deck. No word on the Jerecki establishments or Cooper Island.
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: Peter/Norman - 09/10/2017 11:31 PM

Glenn

Have you seen a picture of the Willy T? I saw a pic that may be the WT but the location looked too small to be The Bight.

Thanks

Karen
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Peter/Norman - 09/11/2017 12:23 AM

Willy T seems to be about 100' from where it was, on shore
Posted By: Joeswind

Re: Peter/Norman - 09/11/2017 01:22 AM

https://www.facebook.com/caribbeanbuzzhe..._location=group
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Peter/Norman - 09/11/2017 01:39 AM

Pictures I've seen, Norman doesn't look that bad in comparison, neither does Peter. I saw comments that Willy T was put on shore before the storm - no idea if that is true or not.
Posted By: AquaGirl

Re: Peter/Norman - 09/11/2017 03:44 AM

Many of you probably already have seen the pics and videos on the Caribbean Buzz FB page (link in post above). I wanted to mention this to those who haven't seen them. Scroll down and look at the pictures and videos (if you can stomach it). There are pics of Peter, Cooper, Salt, Saba, Necker, VG, Tortola, Marina Cay, Leverick, Norman, STT, StJ, and others.

We've stayed at Peter Island many times and its one of our favorite places, so we looked and looked at the pictures, trying to see the condition. A number of structures seem to be intact (units at marina, new welcome center, etc). Part of the roof on the restaurant near the pool is damaged.

We saw a few pics in different postings of the beachfront units (on Deadman's Bay) and several (maybe all) look damaged. We could see the roof of the Beach Bar and Restaurant, but the pic was too far away to tell if its ok. The spa building seems to be damaged too.

We've been hoping the statement on their website would be updated with news that ALL their staff is ok.

The pics of the many devastated places throughout the islands are so shocking...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline