TravelTalkOnline

Fort Burt?

Posted By: captaugie

Fort Burt? - 12/10/2017 02:17 PM

Anyone know that status of Fort Burt?
Posted By: YachtReprise

Re: Fort Burt? - 12/10/2017 09:09 PM

Fort Burt is partially open, using only some of their rooms. The restaurant is closed. I stayed there a few weeks ago and they had a generator to support everything in the hotel, including A/C.
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Fort Burt? - 12/12/2017 12:17 AM

Ward and I stayed at Fort Burt last week . We had an amazing two week visit with Nick and Monica - trip report to follow . Those of you who are my Facebook friends know that Ward had a mishap on the morning we were supposed to fly home and broke his ankle . Needless to say we missed our flight and had a trip to peebles ( complete report to follow , but awesome) . We needed a spot for the night and after a call to Maria by the sea to find they were booked recommendation to check on Fort Burt . No phone service so “ just need to drop in “ . Our taxi driver who picked us up at the soeedys ferry and took us to peebles drive us to check on Fort Burt and they had a room. Fully functional and air conditioned . 302 . Running but no hot water . Very comfy and we had s very comfortable night despite captains wards fracture . The restaurant was not officially open but when I asked about a possible place to eat they made us cheese burgers and fries and brought it right to our room, honestly was incredible . I can’t say enough about how our taxi god was just incredible. Please call @ Sammy Boy at 284-545-4211 or 284-342-3845 . He was amazing and took us to the airport in the morning as well . Road Town is pretty beaten up but progress is being made daily . Our experiences during our two weeks has changed me forever . The most resilience I’ve seen in my whole life . Will write more soon
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Fort Burt? - 12/12/2017 09:43 PM

This is so awesome to hear Kim! Can't wait to read your full trip report. I'm soooooo close to having a crew together for a trip next year. Can't wait!!
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Fort Burt? - 12/13/2017 05:01 PM

Work has been crazy busy and ....that thing called Cnristmas....almost had a stroke when we landed in our first airport after all this and saw a Christmas tree....oh well... Coming whether I'm ready or not .
Will get to writing something eventually
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline