TravelTalkOnline

getting to JVD after hours?

Posted By: mike_arruda

getting to JVD after hours? - 12/14/2017 12:50 AM

Hello Everyone, I believe New Horizon's last ferry to JVD departs West End at 6pm. If one can not make this ferry, is there an alternative way to get to JVD after 6pm? Or is the only solution to wait for the first ferry the next morning? Thanks for any info.
Take care,
Mike
Posted By: ski2play

Re: getting to JVD after hours? - 12/14/2017 05:11 PM

What day are you coming through?

To my knowledge, the ferry is currently only running at that time on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. There is a car ferry (Tuesday and Thursdays) that leaves the West End to Jost but that leaves earlier in the mid to late afternoon.

With that being said, there are multiple of private water taxis that are available to get from Tortola to Jost after hours. We have most recently used Ocean Dreams, reasonable and so easy to work with out of the West End directly to Sandy Ground Estates.

Re: getting to JVD after hours? - 12/14/2017 06:12 PM

Thanks ski2play. I'll likely be arriving on a thursday afternoon. Thanks for the private water taxi idea. I will look into that.
Take care,
Mike
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: getting to JVD after hours? - 12/14/2017 06:32 PM

You might want to also check out Foxy's Water Taxi. We have used them several times, very reliable and a joy to be around.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: getting to JVD after hours? - 12/14/2017 10:25 PM

If you are starting in STT there are several water taxi options that will take you to JVD.

Re: getting to JVD after hours? - 12/15/2017 12:48 PM

Thanks Orange Burst and NC Sailor. I will probably be flying into Tortola EIS. I'll check out Foxy's water taxi as well.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline