TravelTalkOnline

Insurance update.

Posted By: Manpot

Insurance update. - 01/25/2018 05:25 PM

Please be aware of this! Six weeks ago I was promised my settlement check within ten days. Nothing happened..no communication. I e mailed ..nothing. Finally the adjuster found the woman at Caribbean Insurers who handled my case. She e mailed me, finally, saying the check had been sitting at their office in RoadTown waiting to be picked up since December 10. She claimed they had called the # in Sonoma several times..of course they had not as we have an answering machine and someone is usually here. They also never bothered to respond to e mails. This is obviously a way of delaying actually paying. Today she agreed to Fed Ex the check..So MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IS NOT JUST GATHERING DUST!!!!! Obviously if we had known I would have got someone to pick it up because they obviously did not want to send it.
Posted By: CGB

Re: Insurance update. - 01/25/2018 10:39 PM

Uhmmmm.... hmmmmmm..... sounds familiar
LOL
Make sure you follow up with FedEx
They don't come to pick up if nobody calls.....
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Insurance update. - 01/26/2018 03:55 AM

In my case the adjuster is still looking at my case. Constant request for more and more information. Finally we gave them a time limit of 2 weeks to finish the claim or we would go with arbitration. That seemed to get them to try and finish. I just told him that the last piece of information was not available to me. So we will see what they propose. I am not giving in to the insurance company. I paid for insurance and I want what I paid for. The main issue is under-insurance. They are claiming 87.6% under-insurance. I dispute this as I have all the costs when I built the villa and it was built for less than the insured amount. It all seems to be tactics by the company to not pay a fair amount for the claim.
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Insurance update. - 01/26/2018 07:53 AM

If I was you Mal I'd be getting on a plane rather than relying on them organising FedEx.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Insurance update. - 01/26/2018 01:46 PM

Do you know someone on Tortola who could pick it up for you and give it to Fed Ex Or if you have a bank account on Tortola do a deposit to your account. I use First Bank because I can do ACH transfers back and forth with my USA account
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Insurance update. - 01/26/2018 03:18 PM

Malcom - I'm on island and can pick it up at CIL if you prefer. Will be back in U.S. 2/5 to fedex it to you or can drop at a Tortola bank. Send me a PM if you need assistance.

Cheers.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Insurance update. - 01/26/2018 05:18 PM

Jason thanks..I responded on the other insurance post before seeing this. Seems CIL has sent it as they send me a copy of the Fed Ex receipt. You are a good friend along with several others here who have really helped. We will be showing out thanks by hosting that beach party this summer!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline