TravelTalkOnline

Sugarmill Hotel closed until Oct.

Posted By: BoatLifeIsGood

Sugarmill Hotel closed until Oct. - 02/21/2018 12:40 PM

I just received a cancellation email from the Sugarmill for our Jun booking. They were scheduled to reopen April 1 but are pushing it back to Oct. I am very sad that our group will not be ale to stay there this Jun because we absolutely love this hotel and it has been the kick-off to our charter for the last several years but of course I understand completely. So with that said, we are looking for somewhere to stay that will give our group of 8 (adults and older teens) a similar atmosphere and experience. If anyone can recommend places that would comparable, I would really appreciate it.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Sugarmill Hotel closed until Oct. - 02/21/2018 02:21 PM

Sad news about the Sugar Mill. Not surprising based on what we saw when we drove through that area on our January 2018 trip.

It is a slow recovery for BVI as we struggle to get supplies and workforce who can facilitate the rebuild.

Sugar Mill is one of my favorites.....not sure you are going to find that type of atmosphere and service right now on Tortola.

We also like Fort Recovery, I had heard they had some rooms reopened but not all.

Good Luck!
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Sugarmill Hotel closed until Oct. - 02/21/2018 02:25 PM

Not that it's going to compare to the Sugar Mill, but you might try Nanny Cay. They have a pool, beach, volleyball, beach bar, restaurant and a store open on property.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Sugarmill Hotel closed until Oct. - 02/26/2018 02:44 AM

Not sure how many days you need, but Sugar Mill just announced today they have rooms available now for weekly or monthly stays. The full property is not open so no restaurant options but the rooms are available.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Sugarmill Hotel closed until Oct. - 02/26/2018 04:16 PM

Really good news..we have been in touch with Mary and Dennis and look forward to seeing both of them. They have been in Monaco and then stopped in the Cayman's en route back..really hoping they might get the bar up and running and maybe some bar food.Jason..looking forward to seeing you too. We are back March 1..
Posted By: BoatLifeIsGood

Re: Sugarmill Hotel closed until Oct. - 03/03/2018 03:57 PM

We are going to give Fort Recovery a shot. Looks like they are not serving meals currently. Anyone familiar with this area and aware of any dining options that are open for service within walking distance?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline