TravelTalkOnline

Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas

Posted By: sunbvi

Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 11:37 AM

We are looking for a ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas on a Saturday very early in the morning.

Does anybody know how reliable the time schedules of Fast Ferrys are?

There is one 7:00 AM - 7:50 AM but we are not sure if this works for a flight from St. Thomas at 10:10 AM.

Better to go to St. Thomas on the evening before and stay in a hotel for the night?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 01:16 PM

I would go to St. Thomas and spend the night....play it safest.....
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 01:58 PM

Even if the ferry leaves on time, it would be cutting it too close. It's much more relaxing if you go to St Thomas the night before. You don't want to end your trip being all stressed out.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 02:40 PM

No way I'd do that..overnight in STT..
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 02:45 PM

Agree with all above. Spend the night in St Thomas.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 02:45 PM

Total agreement with previous posters, never ever would I try to ferry over that morning. Flights after noon-1 pm are okay to spend your last night on Tortola, but that is as far as I would stretch it. We have done that early ferry twice Post Irma with great success.

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 03:33 PM

Thanks a lot!

Is there any hotel you could recommend on St. Thomas for going there by ferry the night before?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 03:49 PM

We just stayed at the Emerald Beach Resort the night before our flight home yesterday. They're still doing some re-construction, but they have a great beach and beach bar. It's just a short ride to the airport or a 10-min walk. I found a better rate booking through their web site instead of hotels.com.
www.emeraldbeach.com
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 04:57 PM

We are spending our last night, in April, at the Emerald Beach. I actually called them and talked to the manager to get a better rate.

Chris - how were the rooms?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 05:35 PM

Our room was as nice as previous visits. The only construction going on was they were rebuilding the outdoor deck off of the restaurant. And they were pretty close to being done yesterday.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/01/2018 06:14 PM

We have stayed at http://www.lindberghbayhotelandvillas.com/ several times. Directly across the road from the airport. Decent rooms and no need for additional taxi to the airport. The pool and restaurant are closed now but are supposed to reopen 3/15.

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/02/2018 04:00 PM

Thanks a lot! That really helps ...
Posted By: AnneQ

Re: Ferry from Tortola to St. Thomas - 03/03/2018 03:53 PM

Try Olga's Fancy . It is a walk from the ferry, and short cab ride in the am to the airport.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline