TravelTalkOnline

SJU to EIS - how much transfer time?

Posted By: CottageGirl

SJU to EIS - how much transfer time? - 03/02/2018 05:23 PM

Looking into a trip this November (2018). Always fly Delta (its the only airline out of our little "hub"). Just noticed that Seaborne is a partner airline so I'm going to look at flying all the way to EIS - we usually fly into STT and ferry over to Tortola. IF I can't get a ticket all the way through to EIS on Delta and have to purchase Seaborne tickets separately, how much time do I need to transfer in SJU - both coming and going?
Thank you!
Julie
Posted By: Fletch

Re: SJU to EIS - how much transfer time? - 03/02/2018 06:24 PM

Allow a minimum of 1 hour on the way down and 90 minutes on the way back. Remember these are minimum recommendations and assume all your flights are on time. Add more time if you are novice travelers, not comfortable with cutting things close or are flying on weekends, holidays or other peak travel times.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: SJU to EIS - how much transfer time? - 03/02/2018 07:50 PM

Good information and so very timely.

We head down via SJU on March 20th, taking a non partnered flight both in and out of EIS.

We have 1 hour and 50 minutes on the way down and 3 hour and 40 minutes on the way back home.

Fingers Crossed!

Re: SJU to EIS - how much transfer time? - 03/02/2018 08:31 PM

That’s plenty of time.
Posted By: steve74

Re: SJU to EIS - how much transfer time? - 03/03/2018 01:26 PM

In SJU on the way home, you get your bags, take them to be scanned (a quick step - I believe it is an FDA scanner), recheck them with your airline, head to US customs and immigration, and then to your gate. I may be missing security - I can't recall if we had to go through security again - someone help me here. We have only flown through SJU once, but overall we preferred this route and will be doing it again this June with a 1.5 hour layover - fingers crossed. Hope this helps. Steve

Re: SJU to EIS - how much transfer time? - 03/03/2018 03:38 PM

Yes, when going on the way back from the Caribbean via SJU you have to go through TSA (after Customs and Immigration) before proceeding to your connecting gate.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: SJU to EIS - how much transfer time? - 03/05/2018 09:37 PM

Great info - thank you!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline