TravelTalkOnline

Where to buy a SIM-Card?

Posted By: sunbvi

Where to buy a SIM-Card? - 03/04/2018 10:47 PM

For our 2-week-stay in the BVIs end of March we would like to buy a local SIM-Card. Normally we would buy the SIM-Card in Road Town but we arrive on Saturday night. So all shops will probably closed until Monday.

Does anybody know if there is another possibility to buy a SIM-Card anywhere else in the BVIs where we could go by our boat on the following days?
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Where to buy a SIM-Card? - 03/05/2018 12:59 AM

In the past I would order the sim card and have it shipped to me prior to the trip. I used www.mrsimcard.com
Now I just change my phone plan (verizon and att both have this option) to pay $10/day which allows me to use my phone in the BVI using my current plan.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Where to buy a SIM-Card? - 03/05/2018 02:10 AM

Mrsimcard. It will be a Lime/Flow/Cable&Wireless card.
Posted By: louismcc

Re: Where to buy a SIM-Card? - 03/05/2018 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by agrimsrud
In the past I would order the sim card and have it shipped to me prior to the trip. I used www.mrsimcard.com
Now I just change my phone plan (verizon and att both have this option) to pay $10/day which allows me to use my phone in the BVI using my current plan.

Do you have a Verizon phone? We're going in July so I was going to wait a bit more before asking this since I figure post-Irma infrastructure issues probably still are being worked out. My question concerns the coverage (area and type 3G/4G) for Verizon phones. If it isn't as good as either AT&T or a local provider, then I'll probably look into an unlocked phone for our trip.
Posted By: sunbvi

Re: Where to buy a SIM-Card? - 03/05/2018 11:46 AM

@RatmansWife That could be a good idea. Thanks. But I am not sure if the SIM-Card would arrive in time as we are from Europe. Maybe there is a possibility to buy a SIM-Card anywhere in the BVIs except Road Town?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline