TravelTalkOnline

Copper Mine Point

Posted By: Calvin

Copper Mine Point - 03/07/2018 01:43 AM

Every time we visit Virgin Gorda we rent a car and drive to Copper Mine Point. We did that again last May. Now we are wondering if the old smoke stack is still standing after two major hurricanes. Have any of you gone out there recently? Is it still standing? Was it damaged? I know there are more important things to be concerned about, but that landmark is special to the the BVI. Thanks in advance for any reply's.
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Copper Mine Point - 03/07/2018 12:54 PM

I think I saw a picture of it online last week and it looked undamaged.

Re: Copper Mine Point - 03/08/2018 11:11 AM

Thanks! I did a web search and couldn't find any recent information. I think you are correct because if it was damaged, we would have heard about it. I have pictures of it, some going back 30 years. My plan is to attempt to gather them (big job) and make prints that document it's condition over the years. Another project, just what I need. Anyway, I will try to share the results with the forum when completed.
Posted By: JlarsBVI

Re: Copper Mine Point - 03/08/2018 04:16 PM

I was there in January and we went there. I can't remember what it was like before but it seemed to be in good shape!

Re: Copper Mine Point - 03/08/2018 06:07 PM

It's great to read that JlarsBVI. Thanks.
Posted By: Nobbie

Re: Copper Mine Point - 03/16/2018 12:31 PM

It was still standing last week! :-)

Re: Copper Mine Point - 03/16/2018 05:53 PM

Thanks Nobbie! At this point with two positive observations, I think an earthquake is a bigger threat than a monster hurricane is.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline