TravelTalkOnline

Mid Charter Provisioning

Posted By: deliveryskipper

Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/27/2018 08:45 PM

We will be doing a 10 day charter in June and will need to replenish some items mid trip. Depending on how fast we move, we could be at Anegada, JVD Great Harbor, or CGB. What will be my options? Thanks.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/27/2018 09:26 PM

No real provisions in CGB. A few canned items at Rhymers and Columbus Sunset shop. They have been working on the Bobby's but I have not heard a reopen date.

As far as I know, JVD does not have provisions yet, but June could be different.

I'd ask on bvipirate.com about Anegada if you don't get a definitive answer here.

Cheers,
Jason

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/27/2018 09:27 PM

You do have decent provisions available at Leverick Bay if you plan to stop there...

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/27/2018 09:40 PM

We’ll probably be at Leverick on our 3rd day. Thanks for the update.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/27/2018 10:45 PM

Lil Bit Taz on Anegada has some basic provisioning. I've picked up beer, drink mixers and ice there. I wouldn't count on them to provision a full meal.

Trellis Bay Market has reopened. It's easy access if you're passing by that area. In the past I've found the selection just a notch below Leverick Bay.

Is there any good market within short walk of VGYH? Buck's used to be an excellent reprovisioning option with very good selection and easy access by dinghy to VGYH.
Posted By: Bryan1

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/27/2018 11:45 PM

I rarely see onemart mentioned. Are they a good option ? Can we walk there from BVI yacht charters? Thanks
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/28/2018 12:01 AM

Riteway is literally across the road from BVIYC - so easy to just do all your provisioning right there. We still get heavy stuff delivered but prefer to shop for all of our produce, meats, cheeses, etc. on site.
Posted By: Steve27

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/28/2018 01:36 AM

From the Moorings we had to taxi to Onemart. It was cheaper by half in a lot of cases but have not heard if they are reopened.
Posted By: Kupe

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/28/2018 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

As far as I know, JVD does not have provisions yet, but June could be different.

While Rudy's on JVD is not yet open, we were able to cobble together various dry and canned goods and liquor in Great Harbor. I wish I could remember the name of the place...a couple doors down from Ali Baba's...he calls himself Captain Tony and his sign said something like "JVD groceries here". Very interesting and entertaining character! Ice was also plentiful in Great Harbor, and ice was also available at Hendo's in White Bay. As someone else said, Chef's Pantry at Leverick is also well stocked.
Posted By: JD_Midnight

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/28/2018 07:41 AM

Depending on where you are and how much you need we would go into Fat Hogs bay, drop anchor and go to Riteway.;Sopers was also a good option but not sure if Riteway is back up and running yet.

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/28/2018 12:05 PM

Riteway in Sopers is not open.

Yes, Onemart is open.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/28/2018 06:04 PM

If you can think ahead of yourself, you can take delivery of provisions in most any harbor on Tortola, and delivery by ferry to Jost, Anegada, or VG. Call Bobbys or Riteway. If you saved your initial provisioning order/delivery paperwork, you have all you need to call and order ahead for delivery to a location in a time frame that suits your itinerary.
Posted By: JlarsBVI

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/28/2018 07:57 PM

One Mart was open in January. I agree that their prices overall seem to be lower and have a good selection.

In Great Harbor on JVD across the bay from Foxy's there is a small green building. We got fuel, water for the boat, gallons of water, and ice there. They have a small assortment of things one might need as well.
Posted By: ReelTrouble

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/29/2018 03:21 AM

JlarsBVI,

You don't happen to remember pump prices for diesel do you? I'm bareboating a 50ft cat for 10 days beginning Apr 9. Road Town to Cooper and then counter clockwise including Anegada, weather permitting.

I know we will have some water hogs on board so also really interested in best places/prices to pick up boat water.

Any info is appreciated.

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/29/2018 01:57 PM

Based on timing, I am thinking of going into Nanny Cay to the RiteWay. I know that I have to call ahead to the dockmaster before entering. Are there any current concerns regarding the harbor and entering it?
Posted By: JlarsBVI

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/29/2018 02:54 PM

I don't remember diesel prices, sorry. We had some water hogs as well so we topped off the boat water in Great Harbor on JVD, and we got a slip at Leverick and got topped off there as well. Those were the two ideal places for us this past trip. For the first time ever we went clockwise so we would make it to the bbq at Leverick on Friday night.

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/29/2018 03:12 PM

water available in Cane Garden Bay as well
Posted By: ReelTrouble

Re: Mid Charter Provisioning - 03/31/2018 06:10 AM

Thank you for all of the info. We have a boat load of Leverick lovers and have a slip reserved for 4/12 & 4/13. Wonder if they will do anything different for the Fri night BBQ since its Fri 13th. Last time we stayed in a slip there they let us top off our water for free. Saw on there website that they charge 25 cents per gallon otherwise. Happy to read that they have fuel again!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline