TravelTalkOnline

Bvi condition

Posted By: Boatwidow

Bvi condition - 04/27/2018 02:05 AM

Good evening, can anyone give me an update on the bvi? Is Willie T, north sound and trellis bay open yet? If not, what are the conditions
Txs!
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Bvi condition - 04/27/2018 02:08 PM

Why not just read the various threads as all this info is here.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Bvi condition - 04/27/2018 11:39 PM

Agree....just search the threads....tons of info to be had....
Posted By: sail445

Re: Bvi condition - 04/28/2018 12:49 AM

Hi, it’s obvious some of the responders here don’t know or they would have said something.
Don’t let it hamper your vacation because there’s plenty of beautiful places to visit.

Re: Bvi condition - 04/28/2018 12:45 PM

Yes...exactly....responses have nothing at all to do with the fact that there’s a sticky post at the top of this forum listing everything that is open....lol....

North Sound - BEYC closed, Saba closed, Leverick Bay very much open (just left there Tuesday)
Willie T - original boat still beached, new one supposedly on the way - arrival time and opening date still TBD
Trellis Bay - still a bit of a mess but places are open....

I still recommend checking the sticky post on what’s open...but there are the answers to your specific needs....

Re: Bvi condition - 05/02/2018 03:03 PM

Actually we're simply suggesting to read the various threads by topic of interest without someone having to repost the significant amount of detailed info already posted and available.

Re: Bvi condition - 05/02/2018 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by sail445
Hi, it’s obvious some of the responders here don’t know or they would have said something.
Don’t let it hamper your vacation because there’s plenty of beautiful places to visit.

BTW apparently you don't know either?? smile

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 03:30 AM

I agree I don’t have the knowledge of the fast food crowd😁

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 11:53 AM

Rick....don’t poke a stick at it...just not worth it....lol
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 12:37 PM

Its obvious this board was created to help others, as there is a wealth of information on here. It has certainly become my daily read. But on occasion a question will be repeated or a post made without too much thought. It happens. I have absolutely done it. Instead of shaming the poster or making a snide remark remember what our mom's taught us years ago. "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all." Just sayin"...... (Insert Rodney King quote)

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 12:49 PM

Post removed by Carol Hill

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 03:12 PM

No one "shamed" the OP suggested a better way to glean info.
Posted By: trueblue

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 03:27 PM

Hello all: Things are changing so rapidly that for the time being we might just answer the questions being asked.

Take the Willie T for example. If all goes according to schedule the Willie T will be up and running any day now. As far as I know, right now, Thursday, May 11, it is NOT up and running. On the other hand, at Marina Cay they are talking about possible adding an evening meal to their menu. These are important details for those who are already on the water, who may not have reliable access to wifi etc. and who are trying to plan the week's itinerary for a boatload of people.

If someone is bringing a large group to the BVI, I can understand the mountain of details they are dealing with just to keep everyone on track. It does take time to go back and check all of the previous threads. Things are NOT back to normal in the BVI, so perhaps we should be willing to cut everyone some slack for the time being.

We will be there in late May, and we are looking forward to fair winds, clear waters, and spending our children's inheritance!
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Boatwidow
Good evening, can anyone give me an update on the bvi? Is Willie T, north sound and trellis bay open yet? If not, what are the conditions
Txs!

I just read this morning that the Willy T is officially on it's way with an expected arrival date of May 13-15th.

The only place opened in North Sound is Leverick Bay, and man does it look good. The Upstairs Restaurant is open, pool, docks, Jumbies bar, shops, grocery, and the Cove restaurant downstairs.

We didn't stop in Trellis, but the the grocery store is open, they also are severing food. I don't think anything else in Trellis is open.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 04:05 PM

I certainly appreciate all the updates. We'll be down on May 16 for 10 days on a Sunsail 38. Still trying to plan our itinerary. We head out Friday May 18. Is North Sound too much for the first day out? We're coming in on Wednesday, so we should be ready to head out after our Friday morning boat checkout with Sunsail. Maybe Marina Cay would be better? I would like to head to Anegada on day 2 for a couple nights, then back to North Sound.

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 05:39 PM

North Sound would be a long first day - go to Cooper and then up to North Sound from there - Cooper Island Beach Club is open!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Bvi condition - 05/03/2018 07:53 PM

If you are sleeping aboard on Thursday it’s doable to head to the N sound. If not it’s a long day. Better to stay local.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Bvi condition - 05/10/2018 03:55 PM

Willy T 3 has arrived in the BVI!!!
Posted By: Freedom21

Re: Bvi condition - 05/10/2018 08:03 PM

Yay! I'm flying out tomorrow morning so we will be making a visit
Posted By: purplelily

Re: Bvi condition - 05/10/2018 08:37 PM

Big Sexy just posted on FB 6 hours ago that the new Willy T had arrived in the territory. You can't get that news from "the sticky". You old farts need to lighten up and be nice. "insert grin emoji"
Posted By: Catmandu

Re: Bvi condition - 05/10/2018 11:42 PM

Willy T is here:

http://bvinews.com/new/willy-t-is-here/
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Bvi condition - 05/11/2018 12:06 AM

The old WillyT could make a nice dive site!
G
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Bvi condition - 05/11/2018 03:35 PM

The Willy T has been told it cannot go back to the Bight!

Re: Bvi condition - 05/11/2018 03:41 PM

Oh no....now what?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Bvi condition - 05/11/2018 04:20 PM

I was wondering if they were gonna have a problem when they got back to the BVI.

Re: Bvi condition - 05/11/2018 05:16 PM

http://www.virginislandsnewsonline....ly-t-govt-denies-anchorage-norman-island
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline