TravelTalkOnline

Which would you charter (Bali 4.3, Lagoon 45, FP Saona 47)?

Posted By: UncleLuff

Which would you charter (Bali 4.3, Lagoon 45, FP Saona 47)? - 05/11/2018 06:55 PM

Hi wanted to post this thread here as I posted it on the bareboat review thread which never seems to get many responses. I know there is a lot of collective bareboat experience on this Forum so thought I would try here
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all; starting to plan for our next bareboat adventure this time on a one way from St. Vincent to Grenada with various stops along the way. We may be as many as 4 couples so have narrowed down the options to the following boats.

Bali 4.3
Lagoon 450 Fly
Saona 47

I know that the Bali 4.3 and Saona our relatively new boats but wanted to know which one would you pick? Another option is the Lagoon 52 but this may be overkill for our needs (although it would be awesome! grin)

The bali4.3 looks a little small
The Saona is new and some nice features
the Lagoon is tried and true

We have two bareboat charters under our belts in the BVIs both on a moorings 4000. All four of the gents that will be on the boat (including myself) have just come from a ASA 101-104 live aboard course out of Grenada. As such the boat will be well handled.

appreciate your thoughts. thanks!
Posted By: 706jim

Re: Which would you charter (Bali 4.3, Lagoon 45, FP Saona 47)? - 05/11/2018 07:00 PM

Four couples?

Remember that each person brings along a certain amount of junk; clothes, cameras, snorkels whatever. And the longer you are aboard, the harder it is to keep everything organized and neat.

So I would suggest bigger rather than smaller.
Posted By: PEDCO

Re: Which would you charter (Bali 4.3, Lagoon 45, FP Saona 47)? - 05/18/2018 06:46 PM

I have been on all three and some of the features are better than Lagoon's but you can not beat the solid feeling of the Lagoons .
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline