TravelTalkOnline

The best place to drop off crew members near EIS

Posted By: alex_sauvage

The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/13/2018 02:21 PM

Anybody knows the best place to drop off the crew so they can get to EIS: either catch a cab or walk? I will be coming from and going back to Cooper Island, so south east side of Tortola would be ideal. Best regards, Alex
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/13/2018 02:23 PM

Trellis Bay. Either Last Resort or market dock.
Posted By: alex_sauvage

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/13/2018 02:57 PM

Thank you. Ideally I am looking for something on the south side, so I don`t have to sail around Beef Island and back. I guess another option would be a small water taxi/charter who can pick up crew at Cooper and drop them off near airport....anyone knows one?
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/13/2018 03:31 PM

You might ask Cooper about their ferry. It might be possible to buy a ride on it.
Posted By: whaler18

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/13/2018 03:42 PM

It would be very easy to drop them at Penn’s Landing there at Fat Hogs Bay that way it is a very quick ride to the airport. You might give Bob the taxi guy I use all the time there at Penn’s. His number is 284-496-7136. Great thing is that this is a great spot to pull in for groceries as well as there is a Riteway very close by as well that you can dinghy to. It’s an easy shot over from Cooper
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/13/2018 04:09 PM

Trellis
Posted By: denalione

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/18/2018 12:34 PM

We dropped people off at Brandywine Bay once. There is a small concrete dock on the east side that you can dingy up to (well, it was there 10 years ago). Cab driver picked them up at the dock. You probably don't want to walk to EIS from there. You have to thread your way through the unmarked channel with rocks on either side but it was easy since the channel goes right in the center and the water is so clear. I don't know about the depth but we took 44' cat in there.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/18/2018 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by denalione
You probably don't want to walk to EIS from there.

That would be a LONG walk, 5.5 miles up and down the mountain
Posted By: warren460

Re: The best place to drop off crew members near EIS - 05/21/2018 03:22 AM

It would be a tough walk without luggage. Just imagine with luggage.

If approaching from the north, there would be numerous potential options including long Bay beef island. But trellis would be best.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline