TravelTalkOnline

Bubbly pool is closed

Posted By: warren460

Bubbly pool is closed - 05/16/2018 05:50 PM

Someone posted on this subject a few weeks back.

We visited diamond Cay this morning.

Walked towards the bubbly pool.

There is a sign just past the waste pile which says that the pool is closed.

We continued walking along. As we neared the salt pond area, there is another sign. This one refers to safety concerns.

We could see that Just beyond this sign the path is blocked by trees in multiple locations. It's not easily passable and we went no further.

We visited the pool in February. The path had been cleared of debris caused by Irma.

Now it's blocked by people putting trees in the way.

So if you come to diamond cay, best to visit the bee line. Bonky would like the business.
Posted By: purplelily

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/16/2018 11:26 PM

Depressing. One more nail.

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/16/2018 11:36 PM

The closure is indicated as temporary.
Posted By: DEL

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 12:02 AM

We were there last month and just ignored the signs. Had no problem getting to the Bubbly Pool and enjoyed it with other visitors.

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 01:14 AM

Was the path blocked by several large trees
Posted By: Annoddddd

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 02:02 AM

We really enjoyed Bee Line in April. The food was great, Internet terrific. And the goat was hilarious!

Once we were told the Bubbly pool was closed for safety reasons we didn't bother going.

Plenty of things to enjoy otherwise.
Posted By: denverd0n

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 01:47 PM

For safety reasons? It has always been a place that could hurt you pretty badly if you ignored basic precautions. I have to wonder what, if anything, has changed to make it any more dangerous than it was before.

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 02:02 PM

I have no idea.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 02:37 PM

I’m curious also! Maybe some boulders got loose during the two hurricanes

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 03:13 PM

The path seemed fine in February
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Bubbly pool is closed - 05/17/2018 05:29 PM

The path was clear in late March when we walked down from Sandy Ground Estates.

Two things from that walk that still stick out in my mind............and are still sticking in my craw!

5 bags of obvious boat trash that had been left on the beach not 30 feet from the garbage holding area, fresh dinghy tracks nearby and all.

Shell and stone (sculptures?) all over the small trees that are trying their best to come back. Makes it hard for the new grown when shells and coral are hanging on each and every branch!

Sad Panda, that visitors can't see to "leave no trace" when visiting the BVI.....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline