TravelTalkOnline

Norman Island Development

Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Norman Island Development - 06/04/2018 09:51 PM

Hmmmm, at least this clarifies a lot of things about the new Norman Island development. Kind of like what Oil Nut Bay is doing but with other hotels possible too. Also maybe a marina, it seems.

http://bvibeacon.com/premier-gets-behind-norman-island-project/
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/04/2018 10:07 PM

You need great beaches. Norman lacks that. I don’t see it working.
G
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/04/2018 10:32 PM

With that kind of money, I think they will MAKE the beaches they want/need. Just sayin' smile
Posted By: warren460

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/04/2018 10:52 PM

I like the comment re a golf course on Norman.
Posted By: kneafseym

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/04/2018 11:05 PM

Oil Nut did not have a beach, they removed those pesky Mangroves and brought sand in from Barbuda. Removing the mangroves made it so ironic that they made the sea bed in front of the resort a Turtle Preserve so you cannot anchor, they wanted to Turtle preserve to show how Eco Friendly they were.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/04/2018 11:26 PM

With small cozy beaches you don’t get the Cruise ship carnival clientele types.
Now what they’re doing is selling basically 400 lots so supposedly it will stay small.
But the billionaire developers will scoop it up and then its over.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/06/2018 10:43 AM

Not holding my breath. Based on Dr. J's prior statementd it is highly likely neither I nor Dr. J will live to see it progress much beyond what is there now.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/06/2018 12:14 PM

I hope you’re right.... Maybe “island Time” will work in our favor.
Posted By: Freedom21

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/06/2018 01:07 PM

Meanwhile less charters will be going to The Bight because Willy T is no longer there and the Pirate's Bight restaurant and bar will suffer because of that. I was there three weeks ago with 41 people on five boats. We spent the night, not one person went ashore to the restaurant. We might have gone if Willy T was there, have a few drinks there then to the bar for maybe another...That's what I did last year when I was there. It was nice to have one drink at the restaurant but not much more than that since it is so expensive.
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Norman Island Development - 06/07/2018 09:33 PM

Jarecki is 80 years old Go lie on a beach. This is more pablum for the locals to eat. Stop with the BS
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline