TravelTalkOnline

St. John Customs

Posted By: steve74

St. John Customs - 06/08/2018 09:54 AM

I talked to my buddy yesterday who is a captain in St. John and he said the St. John customs office is very close to opening. They are not processing ferries, but they are starting to process smaller boats. He also shared that the office in the American Yacht Harbor on St. Thomas is not open now. I don’t know if this is a short-term thing, but traveling down to Charlotte Amallie to clear for those coming out of the BVI is obviously a huge inconvenience for most. If you need to clear through St. John in the next week or two, I suggest calling to try to set something up.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: St. John Customs - 06/08/2018 05:45 PM

Looks like it opened today:

http://newsofstjohn.com/2018/06/08/customs-back-open-in-cruz-bay/
Posted By: Halcyon

Re: St. John Customs - 06/09/2018 03:37 PM

Fantastic news and timing! We leave on Delta tonight, should be in French Town tomorrow. It'll be nice not to have to sail back all the way back to Charlotte Amallie to clear back in from BVI.
Posted By: FLJim

Re: St. John Customs - 06/09/2018 05:08 PM

I just got back from St John - the new CBP for small boats is in a trailer in a parking lot between the old customs and the Park docks, and is definitely open. But be forewarned - waiting was outside in the hot sun, so bring hats & drinks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline