TravelTalkOnline

Where/how to offer owner´s time

Posted By: svlamorocha

Where/how to offer owner´s time - 08/27/2018 05:22 PM

Hello everyone

I have just closed on the purchase of a 40-ft Leopard cat based in Tortola and need to advertise for sales of surplus owner´s time. I would appreciate any insight as to proper way to do that in this forum.

Thanks

Carlos
s/v La Morocha (II)
2018 Leopard 40 based in Tortola
svlamorocha at gmail dot com
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 08/28/2018 07:46 AM

I'm sure Carol will be along to tell you the current rules but, in the past, I was for many years a TTOL Sponsor. This gave me the right to put a link to my own website selling time on my boat. This worked extremely well and I could always sell more time than I had available. I also used to sell cabin only charters where I'd act as skipper for a week or two in the BVIs and occasionally down island trips to other places. I made many great friends from TTOL doing this.

I don't know what it costs now, I think it was $500 a year when I last paid in around 2010.
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 08/28/2018 12:56 PM

Sailonline is a good place to list as well.

http://www.sailonline.com/discountcharters

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 08/28/2018 08:42 PM

Thanks. Is that Carol Hill?

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 08/29/2018 07:16 AM

Yes it is. Surprised she hasn't posted yet, may be away. As Matt said, Sailonline is also good. I used to advertise on there as well but used to get more from TTOL. Of course back in those days TTOL was far busier before everyone except me got a Facebook account.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 08/29/2018 11:48 AM

Yes, we offer advertising. Please send me a PM or email to admin@traveltalkonline.com

Carol is out of commission for another day or two.

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 11/20/2018 08:48 PM

Jeannius

Can you please elaborate on your comment about Facebook? Is there a Facebook group where people post offers for owner´s time?

Thanks

Carlos
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 11/20/2018 08:53 PM

I think he was just referring to the fact people spend a lot of time on facebook so they spend less time here.
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 11/20/2018 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jeannius
Yes it is. Surprised she hasn't posted yet, may be away. As Matt said, Sailonline is also good. I used to advertise on there as well but used to get more from TTOL. Of course back in those days TTOL was far busier before everyone except me got a Facebook account.

I agree on the facebook thing, passing fad I say!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 11/21/2018 02:57 AM

TTOL has been beneficial for Sea Tiger.

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 11/21/2018 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Riverfrontbrewer
Originally Posted by Jeannius

I agree on the facebook thing, passing fad I say!

I don't have a f******k account but my wife does. Often she tries to show me something she's seen earlier but then struggles to find it again. Seems to me that the forum format of TTOL is far more appropriate for providing and acquiring useful information.
Posted By: WantOwnersTime

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 12/01/2018 03:41 PM

I need to buy 7 days of Owner's Time on Sunsail or Moorings? Any ideas on how to do that?
Posted By: polaris

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 12/01/2018 07:57 PM

OK Mike, now that we have cleared up the Facebook/TTOL issue and that Jean won't share Facebook with you - how about selling me some owners time on Jeannius for sometime in 2020!?!

Re: Where/how to offer owner´s time - 12/02/2018 01:42 PM

If only I could Nolan. Jeannius is now two owners on since my ownership. Hope you and Kit are keeping well.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline