TravelTalkOnline

Jeep Rental on Anegada

Posted By: NWA4Sail

Jeep Rental on Anegada - 10/26/2018 05:30 PM

What kind of availability and how far in advance do you need to reserve a jeep? I've read that Dean Wheatley is a good person to go thru. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 10/26/2018 05:40 PM

Dean is great. It depends on the season. He has a lot of vehicles but still books up during January - March times.

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 10/26/2018 05:49 PM

We will be on Anegada Nov 12th,13th and 14th. Thank you!
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 10/27/2018 12:23 AM

Dean Wheatley: 284-544-3703 or dwjeep@hotmail.com.

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 10/27/2018 12:55 AM

Thanks Bill. We’ll see you there. We might not see you in CGB but I’ll look forward to buying you a beer on Anegada!
Posted By: marisol

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 11/08/2018 08:10 PM

We just returned from a bareboat trip to the BVI's and rented a car at the Anagada Reef Hotel as we have done for about 15 years. We usually arrive at Anagada around noon as recommended and rent a car until the next day. We picked up the rental at 2:00 PM and had a great afternoon at Cow Wreck. The next day we took everyone to Loblolly and returned the car by noontime.

The woman at the bar who filled out the rental paperwork informed us on our return that car rentals do not carry over to the next day. She said this is a new policy this year. We were very surprised, because she did not inform us of this during the paper work process.

Just a heads up to anyone going to Anagada to ask in advance. We rented a car on Tortola and this was not the case there.
Posted By: GettinBye

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 11/11/2018 12:44 PM

Marisol.... not sure I understand about the carry-over part of your post. We have a arranged two jeep rentals with Dean and we had said from Friday at 3 til Saturday at 3 . We were quoted a price. Is there more verification I should be making? And I suppose (while I'm asking)- I always "decline" insurance when renting a car. Does Anegada (or VG which is our next stop) have separate laws I should be aware of? Thanks!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 11/11/2018 06:05 PM

Almost all car agencies in the BVI include insurance in the daily rate. Dean does for sure.
Posted By: marisol

Re: Jeep Rental on Anegada - 11/11/2018 06:16 PM

Gettinbye, it sounds to me like you have verification that your rental is for 24 hours. Our mistake was that we just assumed it would be, then on return the next day we were that told it was not. Are Dean and ARH the same rental place? I don't have my receipt to see the name. We will be more specific in the future and not assume it's 24 hours.
The most upsetting part of it all was that the woman insisted that she told us this fact when we returned from Cow Wreck the first afternoon. We didn't even see her that late in the day. Maybe she confused us with somebody else.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline