TravelTalkOnline

provisions

Posted By: joeboo

provisions - 11/14/2018 02:29 PM

Our group will be down in July. What are the grocery stores on Virgin Gorda.
Is there any large store like the one that was in the yacht harbor
Posted By: warren460

Re: provisions - 11/14/2018 04:00 PM

There are a couple of decent grocery stores a little bit west of VGYH. I think they are Riteway and Bucks.
Posted By: Kmon

Re: provisions - 11/14/2018 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by warren460
There are a couple of decent grocery stores a little bit west of VGYH. I think they are Riteway and Bucks.

Those two are about a mile south of the Yacht Harbor on the main road. Another fairly large store is Rosy's, which is about a half mile east of the other two. Also, Supa Valu has a medium size store near the airport.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: provisions - 11/15/2018 12:52 PM

Great well provisioned grocery stores on VG - Riteway, Bucks, Rosy's and Supa Valu.

Re: provisions - 11/15/2018 02:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the info. One last question, we will have a vehicle for the day. what store is the largest with best selection
joeboo
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: provisions - 11/15/2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by joeboo
Thanks everyone for the info. One last question, we will have a vehicle for the day. what store is the largest with best selection
joeboo

IMHO - you're thinking about this all wrong. You don't go to a store in the BVI to buy something. You go to the store to see what they have. You will find something to buy/eat at any of the stores.

Re: provisions - 11/15/2018 08:32 PM

agrimsrud

Thanks for your comment. But my point is to restock eggs fruit veg bread ect. we do the main stocking at rightway in road town
If going to a market I do want the largest one with best odds. I am very aware that It is very hit and miss and only know that is available when I walk in
We have been coming down to the bvi as of early 70s.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline