TravelTalkOnline

Just back from Virgin Gorda

Posted By: gordaguy2

Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/18/2018 05:51 PM

Hi all - Just arrived back after two weeks on Virgin Gorda: Most of the Mahoe Bay villas are fully repaired and open for rental - all except Satori 1 and 2 will be fixed - Satori will most likely be torn down I would suspect. Hog Heaven and Leverick Bay in full operation - several villas in Leverick will probably be sold as is where is. Spanish town recovering nicely but half of the building at Yacht Harbour will be torn down while the other half where Bath and Turtle was is being repaired to some extent - Bath and Turtle and Coco Maya doing a booming business. Went to Oil Nut Bay and spent the day there - lovely place and would probably do it again even with the 75 PP charge to use the beach toys - doubt very much if the "marina village " will be ready before March although there were 4-5 power cats docked there. All in all with the exception of damage to a few remaining homes/churches very much restored and the people are eager to see you back.
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/18/2018 07:00 PM

I appreciate the update. We are headed to Mahoe in February and can’t wait to get back!

Our 13 yo needs a bit more “doing” versus beach sitting now so we will definitely check out Oil Nut Bay even if we need to pay the fee.

Your speculation on Saba reopening by February?
Posted By: connie

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/18/2018 09:31 PM

Thanks so much for the update! We had a fantastic visit at Adagio Villa in Mahoe in September. Glad to hear that the island continues to improve!!!
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/18/2018 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cleobeach
I appreciate the update. We are headed to Mahoe in February and can’t wait to get back!

Our 13 yo needs a bit more “doing” versus beach sitting now so we will definitely check out Oil Nut Bay even if we need to pay the fee.

Your speculation on Saba reopening by February?

I would also appreciate any update on Saba Rock? We will be down in April...
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/19/2018 01:48 AM

Saba Rock photos taken on Oct 31. Looks like lots of work needs to be completed in order to open by April.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/galleries/175742.html#Post175742
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/19/2018 12:40 PM

Thanks Brian. I am trying to get the South Sound Villa rebuilt but are experiencing problems with basic materials like sand. There is none available on VG or Tortola. Sure hope sand gets to the BVI soon.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/19/2018 01:59 PM

No way Saba will be open by February -
Posted By: postmandug

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/19/2018 10:52 PM

Agree. Went by there two weeks ago on our way to Necker. It is a mess. Backhoe is sitting there but not much being done.
Posted By: GettinBye

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/20/2018 12:47 AM

😰 perhaps I should tell them that our party of 8 is arriving last week of March. And we would REALLY appreciate it if they could get their act together by then. Can’t hurt. 😂😂😂😂
Posted By: NickR

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/20/2018 07:58 AM

Saba is hoping to be ready by November 2019.
Posted By: jphart

Re: Just back from Virgin Gorda - 11/21/2018 12:56 AM

Wow!
The palm trees are supported. Are they new? Or old.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline