TravelTalkOnline

Norman Is. press release

Posted By: LocalSailor

Norman Is. press release - 11/28/2018 04:43 PM

Sounds like massive changes forthcoming. yikes

https://stthomassource.com/content/...entally-themed-resort-for-norman-island/
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/28/2018 05:35 PM

It certainly explains why they booted the Willy T out. Not sure if this is good news..done right it could be..done wrong it will drive away, and price out, charterers and locals..
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/28/2018 07:27 PM

It will certainly change the landscape of Norman and I don't think the landscaping needs changing. It is such a nice spot as is with just the restaurant and natural island everywhere else.

Also reading what they are adding, I can't help but wonder how things like a floating pool will do in a future storm. Not to mention people living there.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/28/2018 07:43 PM

I think Scrub Island all over again.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/28/2018 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
It certainly explains why they booted the Willy T out. Not sure if this is good news..done right it could be..done wrong it will drive away, and price out, charterers and locals..

Sadly...I think this will become the norm for more and more rebuilds to come...
Posted By: TWB

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/28/2018 10:05 PM

I've always spent two nights at the Bight. The day in between was always spent hiking along the ridge from one end of the island to the other and then back again. With this development, the trails will disappear and most likely be replaced by roads like those on Peter Island. But I walk those too.

My thought is, this development is probably the best we could expect.
Posted By: NickR

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/29/2018 06:20 AM

Once the bachos go in, wonder what may be found? Remember it is "Treasure Island"
Posted By: DEL

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/29/2018 02:32 PM

I am thinking it will be more like Oil Nut Bay development.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/29/2018 02:43 PM

I just meant the topography of the island. When we first started going to the BVI's, Scrub had a small restaurant, Donovans Reef, (one of my favorites!) and, I believe, 2 houses. Now it looks so different, with the tops of the hills leveled off and cuts in the sides of the hills.
Posted By: NWA4Sail

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/29/2018 03:46 PM

One of my favorite memories is when the guy from Donovans Reef came to pick us up. Half way to the dock I realized that I left my shoes on the boat and asked they guy to turnaround. He said, "you don't need no shoes mom"! We had this awesome lobster dinner in this pastel open building overlooking the bay. I miss that place!
Posted By: sunbvi

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/29/2018 04:24 PM

What do you think: Will the ~100 residences be sold very quickly or is not very attractive to own a house on Norman compared to other islands because of the long/complicted trip from e.g. the US to Norman (flight to Puerto Rico or St Martin and then to Beef Island and then by ferry to Norman)?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/29/2018 05:05 PM

There is already a pretty fast shuttle boat running from, right next to, Nanny Cay. I am sure there will be a luxurious, air conditioned water taxi to bring the $$$ guests over.
Posted By: sunbvi

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/29/2018 05:59 PM

So what is your guess for the price per acre?

Maybe $800.000? That would be ~50 % more than the most expensive ones on Jost van Dyke West End Point which are offered for $500.000 per acre.
Posted By: jphart

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/30/2018 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Orange_Burst
I think Scrub Island all over again.

Bullock Mannelly Partners has been around for more than three decades and emphasizes its its work on Bakers Bay in the Bahamas.

Anybody tried to get into Brewers Bay lately? Don’t even think of it!
Not going to happen unless you are a big buck member.

Soon come to Norman and the bight?
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/30/2018 02:05 AM

Seems to me Jarecki has laid several " big plans" for Norman over the last 20 years. Will this one hatch ?? Wait and see.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/30/2018 12:16 PM

Yes. I will believe this one when I see it.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Norman Is. press release - 11/30/2018 01:55 PM

think $2mil 1/2 acre +
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline