TravelTalkOnline

Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island?

Posted By: connie

Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/08/2018 09:54 PM

VG airport had been closed in September when we visited. We flew into and out of Tortola on Air Sunshine. We were surprised at the fees/taxes we had to pay extra. What are all the entry and exit fees typically for VG and for Tortola?
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/09/2018 04:53 PM

Hi Connie - the BVI charges are getting quite expensive - first there is the environmental fee to come in then when you leave there are airport improvement fees plus the exit fee - all in you are probably looking at 15 to come in and about 45 to leave. cheers Brian

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/09/2018 10:27 PM

Hi B. We seemed to have paid closer to $85 total each person. They seemed to have kept adding more fees/taxes! We really are trying to figure out how to get to VG next year. Seabourne and Inter Caribbean are priced fairly from San Juan into Tortola. Air Sunshine went up a lot! Not sure what option ! Cape Air is so expensive plus you pay for bags! YIKES!

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/09/2018 10:41 PM

We seemed to have paid closer to $85 total each person. They seemed to have kept adding more fees/taxes! We really are trying to figure out how to get to VG next year. Seabourne and Inter Caribbean are priced fairly from San Juan into Tortola. Air Sunshine went up a lot! Not sure what option ! Cape Air is so expensive plus you pay for bags! YIKES!
Posted By: ggffrr11

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/10/2018 01:32 AM

All right - you've got me "confused and worried" - Does EIS (Tortola) have an entry fee now? And, what is the current departure fee? thx
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/10/2018 01:41 AM

EIS entry fee is $10/person unless you’re a resident, have a BVI passport (even if you live elsewhere), are a judge of the Eastern Caribbean Court, etc. If you leave and come back within the same visit you don’t pay again. Departure tax is $40/person, now included in the ticket (why tickets out cost more than tickets in).

Scheduled air includes the charges (except the environmental), whereas charters probably quote them separately because they are per person.

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/10/2018 01:44 PM

I think we had an additional fee when we entered? We paid cash. Save the turtles maybe??? (They gave us a cute little "stamp" type piece of paper. We did charge our departure fee of $40 per person. This was not included in our Air Sunshine ticket price. We had to pay at the airport. I don't remember all these costs in the past via VG? What is the cost into and out of VG now? Thank you!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/10/2018 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by connie
I think we had an additional fee when we entered? We paid cash. Save the turtles maybe??? (They gave us a cute little "stamp" type piece of paper. We did charge our departure fee of $40 per person. This was not included in our Air Sunshine ticket price. We had to pay at the airport. I don't remember all these costs in the past via VG? What is the cost into and out of VG now? Thank you!

The fees have definitely changed over the past year or 2 but should not be different between VG and Beef Island airports. Some airlines treat the differently and add them directly to your ticket while some have you pay them yourself.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/10/2018 04:14 PM

I think there is a five dollar difference leaving from VG rather than Beef - I think Beef has an airport improvement charge they add on
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/11/2018 02:35 AM

Does anyone know if these entry/exit fees charged flying to Anegada as well?
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Cost of flying into and out of Beef Island? - 12/11/2018 05:13 AM

The $10 entry/environmental fee applies to anyone entering the BVI, except for cruise shippers and those I outlined above.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline