TravelTalkOnline

Anegada - what’s available for rent?

Posted By: CottageGirl

Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/11/2019 03:53 PM

We’ll be staying at Ann’s cottages at cow reck for a short week end of Feb. we’re thinking of traveling as light as possible this trip - no coolers, no laptops, no Tervis tumblers or clothespins, or charts or guidebooks (standard charter stuff for us)
Snorkel equipment- lord this stuff is bulky! But I love my own equipment. Compromise: bring mask & snorkel and rent fins? Is there anywhere to do so?
Paddle boards - I paddle board at home and might like to try it near Cow Wreck Beach. Anywhere to rent?
Note: we’re flying VI Airlink STT to anegada so I’m also concerned about luggage restrictions
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/11/2019 07:32 PM

There are no real luggage restrictions with VIAirlink. If it doesn't fit in the nose of the plane they will put bags/boxes in the plane with you. There is a place on the ferry dock or near the dock to rent toys. Cannot remember the name. Look for the scooters.

In November we were able to go inside one of Ann's cottages. You are in for a treat! Very well decorated. Beautiful place. Enjoy!
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/11/2019 08:02 PM

Tommy Gaunt at Anegada beach Club has paddle boards to rent.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/11/2019 08:55 PM

Here’s a suggestion: get Tervis tumblers made that say Anne’s Cottages. We had guests do that, and we’re sitting here right now enjoying a G&T in them. Sure to put you on the preferred guest list!

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/12/2019 02:52 AM

Thanks everyone for the info!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/13/2019 01:02 AM

Make transpo arrangements in advance for your arrival at Anegada - there were no taxis when I arrived to meet Catatonic in October - a very friendly local gave me a lift to Potters....
Posted By: NWA4Sail

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/13/2019 07:14 PM

We picked up a taxi at Potters in November. He drove us to Cow Wreck and asked us when we wanted him to return which was three hours later. He was right on time! After arriving we had drinks with ndfan and his charming wife. Hopefully we can do this again!!
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/13/2019 09:56 PM

Hey Jonny! Meeting you and your wife at Cow Wreck was a treat! Hope to see you in ‘19. We are going to Anegada in May and sailing in November. Good luck with the Saints today!

Re: Anegada - what’s available for rent? - 01/14/2019 11:27 AM

We have arranged for a rental car with Dean - he’s meeting us at the airport :-)
Also, I connected with Tommy Gaunt through his FB page - paddle board rents are $20/session (about 2 hrs)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline