TravelTalkOnline

BVI fees

Posted By: CestLaVie

BVI fees - 01/19/2019 02:40 PM

First, kudos for the active participants who have provided so much use information regarding the status of BVI post Irma. Our crew is head that way in a week and the information posted here has been invaluable for our planning and preparation. While we have been to the islands many times and are comfortable with boat selection, operations, provisioning and itinerary, I have had a hard time deciphering the changes in fees that we will have to pay entering and exiting BVI. Most of our crew will be spending our arrival evening in STT and taking the ferry to Road Town to pick up our boat. On final day, we will take the ferry back to STT. Simple question is what are the fees, per person to enter and depart BVI at this time?

Thanks again to all who have contributed in this invaluable information on all things BVI
Posted By: bailau

Re: BVI fees - 01/19/2019 03:25 PM

I believe $10 in (new for environment) and $20 out per non resident person is what we paid in Oct
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: BVI fees - 01/20/2019 12:09 AM

I believe the entrance fee is included in the ferry price - the exit fee is not for sure.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: BVI fees - 01/20/2019 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by LocalSailor
I believe the entrance fee is included in the ferry price - the exit fee is not for sure.

Entry fee was not included last May on the ferry fee, Native Son. Fee was collected at customs.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: BVI fees - 01/20/2019 11:41 AM

By air, $10 entry fee in cash at the Customs desk, $40 exit included in the ticket price.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: BVI fees - 01/20/2019 01:18 PM

The USVI charges $10 to leave but that is included in the ferry ticket. BVI $10 entry fee is due in cash at Customs. Be aware that the cruising fees (collected by the BVI charter companies or paid on entry by USVI boats) have been drasticly increased.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline