TravelTalkOnline

Willy T to JVD?

Posted By: Xave

Willy T to JVD? - 01/20/2019 09:42 PM

I just saw on a Facebook group “BVI Abroad - Hurricane Irma” that a bartender from the Willy T said they will likely move to Jost after the season. Can anyone confirm that? If true, where would they go? The island seems like a good fit, but not sure where the best anchorage would be. Wild speculation encouraged grin
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/20/2019 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Xave
I just saw on a Facebook group “BVI Abroad - Hurricane Irma” that a bartender from the Willy T said they will likely move to Jost after the season. Can anyone confirm that? If true, where would they go? The island seems like a good fit, but not sure where the best anchorage would be. Wild speculation encouraged grin

Little Harbor would be ideal but I don't know that Abe would put up with the late night music.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/20/2019 11:10 PM

Unless they’re making arrangements with Foxy or some other business I dont see where they can get enough moored boats without drastically affecting the sales of the other local businesses.
Perhaps if they can get enough mooring balls off of Green Cay it might work.
Posted By: calsail

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/21/2019 05:00 PM

Every business everywhere seems to worry about nearby competition moving "onto the block", but more traffic flow seems to help all. I can imagine that the Willy T would bring people to all the local businesses in whatever area they land. Personally I have visited the WT perhaps 50 times and almost every visit included a stop onshore for a drink although the WT was the reason for the stop.
Posted By: captdennyj

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/21/2019 06:03 PM

Great Harbor, not sure about how many moorings are available due to many privately owned moorings in Great Harbor. Also, when the winds veer back to E TO SE , Jost is pretty much open to the seas , and chop.
But, keeping the Willy T in the in the BVI would be primary.

Also, what us ex military would refer to as RUMOR CONTROL, when the scuttlebut started whipping thru the squadron spaces. I just let sort itself out . Most of it was moving the air around.

Another slang for all that is : THE COCONUT TELEGRAPH .

Rumors can be factual, but in many cases they are not accurate.

We are hoping the Willy T remains at Peter Island, and easy passage for the islands in the Sir Francis Drake Channel. But, if not, in May, and she is in Great Harbor, Jost Van Dyke, we will certainly be partying down on board the New Willy T..
Posted By: Shifty

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/21/2019 09:20 PM

I’m sure I probably missed this in another thread, but why don’t they just go back to the Bight. Seemed like an ideal spot for them.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/21/2019 09:39 PM

Kicked out of the Bight by the Gov/Jarecky..
Posted By: Bradpitch92

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/22/2019 02:06 AM

Is Willy T still operating? I thought i saw on here that they were closed down. I ask because I'm taking a Dive BVI tour from Scrub Island that says it stops at Willy T's
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/22/2019 02:15 AM

Yes. Still operating in Great Harbor, Peter Island.
Posted By: Slug

Re: Willy T to JVD? - 01/29/2019 01:48 AM

I had understood the W T had to leave Great Harbor, PI by mid or end of January. Have they received the Ok to stay longer now?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline