TravelTalkOnline

Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews

Posted By: suzshe

Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/04/2019 03:50 PM

I am looking for a place for a one night stay in late spring. We will arrive on Tortola (EIS) mid afternoon (4ish) and will go out on charter the next day at noon. We have been to BVI on four other occasions but have always stayed in the CGB area prior to our sail. We are traveling with two other couples that have never visited BVI.

Finding a place to stay for one night for six people is turning in to a bit of a challenge as the island works on recovering from Irma.

Has anyone stayed at Village Cay Hotel post Irma? There are not many reviews post Irma.
Posted By: charlie

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/05/2019 12:29 AM

We have never stayed there. We stay nearby at Maria's by the Sea. We were there last May and Village Cay was closed for repair, so we don't know if they are open again. But, Maria's is our go to for first and last nights. Nice rooms, nice bar, nice restaurant, nice location and near everything in Roadtown, including the Village Cay diner, etc. Sorry I don't know if the hotel is open yet...
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/05/2019 04:01 AM

How about a 1 night sleepaboard? Gives the captain and crew added time to familiarize themselves with the boat and its systems and inventory.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/05/2019 12:30 PM

I'd return to CGB..Rhymer's I'm sure would welcome your group..

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/08/2019 05:47 PM

Thanks for your comments. We are going out on a crewed charter so no sleep aboard for us. I checked Rhymer's and they do not have availability. In the past we stayed at Mongoose Apartments but i understand they did not survive Irma. We will roll with it and have a good time regardless of where we end up. Still - I am open to advice.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/08/2019 06:02 PM

You might want to check with Mongoose Apartments. They were damaged but appear to be rebuilt to me.

If not, reach out to Myett's and let Vishaal know that Jason from Agape sent you. They have 6 rooms available.
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/15/2019 03:44 AM

I stayed at Village Cay in June while they were still remodeling. My room was very basic but clean. I enjoyed having the bar and restauant there. This May i may try Marias but if ghey are booked would stay at VC again for the one night.
Posted By: Spirit2015

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/15/2019 12:14 PM

Have you checked the hotel at Nanny Cay? There is a Rite-way on site ~ and the Beach Bar of course! 394-2517

Re: Recent Village Cay Hotel Reviews - 02/16/2019 03:08 AM

Thanks for the ideas and input. Its good to hear the bar and restaurant at Village Cay were enjoyable.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline