TravelTalkOnline

SJU-EIS info

Posted By: BrentCummings

SJU-EIS info - 02/17/2019 09:19 PM

Any experience with Inter Caribbean airlines. Our flights in May just got messed up and now we can’t make our flight from SAN Juan to Beef Island. It was with Cape Air. Any other options to look at to and from SAN Juan.
Posted By: captdennyj

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/17/2019 09:45 PM

We understand....next BVI sailing vacation is # 17.

For many years, we flew from Calif, or Hawaii, to SJU....RON'd at the on site airport hotel, then CAPE AIR TO BEEF ISLAND.

Cape Air was always on time, but has gotten very expensive, the airport hotel has become a dump, the airport terminal area was underconstruction.

This trip, we are LAX , MIA, STT ( st thomas ) and ferry to Road Town.

We are both pilots, me professionally, and Erica private.

The STT ferry , saves us about $ 1400.00, over flying cape air, and we RON at a very nice hotel in St. Thomas.

As to other airlines, no experience in recent years, but seemed like a lot of late flights and cancelled flights. Not sure what it will be like in 2019.
Posted By: bailau

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/17/2019 10:36 PM

Just did IC SJU to EIS yesterday with 4 other guys and had 4 more come in today and we picked them up at trellis...no issues

just grew tired of the ferry issues and the hassle...
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/17/2019 10:58 PM

The three main scheduled options are Cape Air, Seaborne and InterCaribbean.

If you have enough people, you might look into a charter with Island Birds or FlyBVI.

Do you have separate tickets to San Juan? Were you planning to stay at a hotel in the BVI? If so, can you switch to a hotel in San Juan and fly out first thing the next morning? Could you fly through St. Martin instead, connecting on Winair?
Posted By: bailau

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/17/2019 11:57 PM

We have 9 in May and are doing island birds charter. Fly BVI charter's 9 person plane is out for maintenance for a while.

IC flies out of gate D so is a hike and btw we are only doing carry on

seaborne is more but shares ticketing with american and jet blue and gate is next to them
Posted By: warren460

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/18/2019 12:53 AM

We used IC in December and January, on time, no issues
Posted By: jphart

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/18/2019 02:34 AM

Air Sunshine too.
We’ve used them for three trips.
Posted By: warren460

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/18/2019 04:55 AM

I always found air sunshine to be good value but less well organized
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: SJU-EIS info - 02/18/2019 12:59 PM

I've been flying IC several times each month since June and always had a good experience. I got back and forth between them and Seabourne based on fare and schedule.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline