TravelTalkOnline

Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada!

Posted By: notahippie

Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 06:43 PM

After too many years, we are coming back to the BVIs. This time the bride wants to spend a week with her toes in the sand in Anegada. I'm trying valiantly to figure out the least stressful itinerary to get there, but not having a lot of luck. Hopefully you folks can help.

Here's what I have -
  • Fly to STT - arrive early afternoon
  • Ferry to Road Town
  • ???????
  • Early morning ferry from Trellis to Anegada

It is the ????? that I can't quite figure out. I was hoping to stay at Trellis, but there isn't anywhere to stay. Maybe stay in Road Town, but we need to make sure we can get an early morning cab to Trellis.

OR - and this seems more appealing - overnight in Tortola and catch the late afternoon ferry to Anegada. Less stress, but less beach smile

Any veteran input?

(we really miss the BVIs!)
Posted By: Riverfrontbrewer

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 07:06 PM

VI Airlink from STT to Anegada
Posted By: notahippie

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 07:19 PM

I was about to quickly post "Yeah, no - way to expensive" But factoring in ferries, cabs, an extra night buffer at each end of the trip, extra meals... This seems like the most economical and least stressful way to go!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 07:19 PM

Definitely fly. If VI Airlink doesn't fit your schedule, I've had great luck with Ace Fight Center from STT.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 07:22 PM

If you do end up having to ferry to Tortola for some reason, you can fly to Anegada from Tortola with VI Airlink. $99 round trip and there is a late afternoon flight.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 07:43 PM

We just flew VI Airlink STT to Anegada in February of this year. You're right, when you add up all the ferry and taxi costs, you're right about there. It's a 15 minute flight and it's a gorgeous ride over - the views are spectacular. It was one of my favorite parts of the week we spent on Anegada. RT tickets were about $330 each. Do it - you won't regret it!
Posted By: paw

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 08:47 PM

I echo the above. We did VI Airlink STT to Anegada and back just last month. Other than the fact that we were delayed because they needed to airlift a patient from Anegada after an unfortunate motor scooter accident, it was painless and efficient.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/03/2019 09:02 PM

Sidebar..another reason not to rent a scooter on Anegada.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/04/2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Sidebar..another reason not to rent a scooter on Anegada.

I 100% agree Malcomb.

I also encourage you to fly. I have not used Ace as Jason mentioned. But VIAirlink does a pretty good job. As cottagegirl stated, it is a gorgeous flight over the islands! Also, if you need a vehicle for your time on Anegada, call Dean Wheatley at 284-544-3703. He will meet you at the airport. Have a great rip!
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/04/2019 12:44 PM

Another recommendation for Dean for a rental car. He met us at the airport with the car and on our departure we simply left the car at the airport with the keys in it. Couldn’t have been simpler!

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/04/2019 01:31 PM

Or just stay at D & H and get the car with it!

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/04/2019 01:34 PM

And this could be your view

Attached picture IMG_1521.JPG
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/05/2019 12:53 PM

I second staying at D&H Sunshine Villas. Love the view and quietness. One year Dean must have been busy when we arrived. The vehicle was outside of the airport with the rental agreement below on the drivers seat.

Attached picture Rental.jpg
Posted By: jphart

Re: Non Sailing - need help figuring out how to get to Anegada! - 04/06/2019 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ndfaninnc
I second staying at D&H Sunshine Villas. Love the view and quietness. One year Dean must have been busy when we arrived. The vehicle was outside of the airport with the rental agreement below on the drivers seat.

Love it! And you’re going to steal it and take it where?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline