TravelTalkOnline

Caribbean Cellars or Tico?

Posted By: BondsVoyage

Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/15/2019 01:15 PM

Hi all,

3 couples on our 4th trip using Conch Charters on a 44' cat. We like to shop at Riteway for grocies the night before or morning of our trip for general food but would like to have water, beer, sode and liquor delivered to us instead of lugging them on a taxi. Generally speaking, would you use Caribbean Cellars or Tico's?

Thanks,
Lisa
s/v Bond's Voyage
Beneteau 473
Posted By: SonOfTheSea

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/15/2019 01:55 PM

From what I can tell it seems that Caribbean Cellars has better beer prices and better selection for my tastes (Diplomatico rum!). My group will be provisioning our booze with them next month
Posted By: BondsVoyage

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/15/2019 02:06 PM

That's what I thought when looking at both websites. Think we will go with Caribbean Cellars. Thanks for your reply!
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/15/2019 03:47 PM

In our case, it depends on the crew. Each one carries different beer and liquor. So I order from either or both at times.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/15/2019 06:32 PM

Colleen is correct. Each is the importer for certain items so it may be tough to find everything you'd like from a single source.
Posted By: TC42

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/15/2019 11:43 PM

We just ordered yesterday from Tico. It is just personal preference in terms of the brands they carry. One interesting issue that came up is that we wanted it delivered on 4/19. Apparently it is some sort of holiday so they can't deliver on that day. We will work it out. Interesting that Bobby's didn't have an issue delivering on the holiday.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/16/2019 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by TC42
We just ordered yesterday from Tico. It is just personal preference in terms of the brands they carry. One interesting issue that came up is that we wanted it delivered on 4/19. Apparently it is some sort of holiday so they can't deliver on that day. We will work it out. Interesting that Bobby's didn't have an issue delivering on the holiday.

The 19th is Good Friday. No alcohol sales until 6pm I believe.
Posted By: joeboo

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/16/2019 01:13 PM

both have different brands. We use both
Posted By: NewfD90

Re: Caribbean Cellars or Tico? - 04/16/2019 04:36 PM

I just placed our booze orders last night - we use both.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline