TravelTalkOnline

LIAT issues

Posted By: GeorgeC1

LIAT issues - 04/30/2019 04:25 PM

https://268today.com/business/liats-impending-closure/
Posted By: sail445

Re: LIAT issues - 04/30/2019 05:12 PM

I hate to see any company collapse but I hope LIAT disappears, it has been ripping off the people for decades, never on time, their counters has some of the rudest personal in the Caribbean..
Maybe they’ll be taken over by Seaborne or other with similar service.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: LIAT issues - 04/30/2019 05:52 PM

Lets get back the planes from " British Virgin Airways" that the Gov pi$$ed away $7 million to buy..make a deal with Branson to run an efficient on time airline and everyone wins.
Posted By: tothedogs

Re: LIAT issues - 04/30/2019 05:58 PM

The last time we flew Liat was a non-stop from St. Vincent to Barbados (1 hour flight) leaving at 9:00 AM. After multiple delays and bonus stops in Martinique and St. Lucia we got to Barbados at 4PM with our flight to the US leaving at 4:30. What a circus. If they go away, they earned it.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: LIAT issues - 05/01/2019 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Lets get back the planes from " British Virgin Airways" that the Gov pi$$ed away $7 million to buy..make a deal with Branson to run an efficient on time airline and everyone wins.

I like this plan.

Re: LIAT issues - 05/01/2019 02:11 PM

I think the BVI just leased the aircraft and suspect they were returned to the owners. Might see it on a new episode of airplane repo!
G
Posted By: GlennA

Re: LIAT issues - 05/02/2019 12:56 AM

Anyone thinking of filing the hole left by LAIT needs to do a full necropsy on the remains. Why did LAIT earn such an infamous reputation for poor reliability? Lack of equipment? Wrong equipment? Maintenence? Personel? Poor route planning? Incompetent management? Or just because it is "de Ilons"? Can the perpetual personell problems be resolved?
Posted By: sail445

Re: LIAT issues - 05/02/2019 01:01 AM

It’s definitely not because it’s the”lions” .. It’s rude envious personnel who are so jealous of tourist enjoying themselves and they do what ever possible to ruin there vacation..
Posted By: toast

Re: LIAT issues - 05/02/2019 10:57 AM

I think you may have a plan Mal. The loss of this travel source would be problematic for the lower islands especially I would imagine. I was just trying to piece together how to get from Palm Island to Bequia next year and LIAT ( as risky as that is) was figuring prominently in the plan....

Re: LIAT issues - 05/02/2019 11:18 AM

On a somewhat related note Cape Air should be receiving their first Tecnam P2012 aircraft shortly. It will be a huge improvement over the current Cessna 402’s that are rapidly approaching the end of their service life. Hopefully we will see them on the SJU-EIS routes shortly.
G
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: LIAT issues - 05/07/2019 01:05 PM

Branson is supposedly interested in an expanded Liat..

Daily Herald story
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: LIAT issues - 05/07/2019 03:00 PM

The Tecnam looks great - just look at wikipedia
Posted By: BarbandRon

Re: LIAT issues - 05/09/2019 05:58 PM

Saw this today
https://268today.com/business/antigua-submits-official-proposal-to-purchase-barbados-shares-in-liat/
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline