TravelTalkOnline

Nicole's beach bar

Posted By: Lcrich

Nicole's beach bar - 05/13/2019 10:17 PM

[b]Does anyone know if Nicoles beach bar is still at Brewers Bay?
Posted By: calsail

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/13/2019 10:34 PM

Yes. Open in March.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/13/2019 11:34 PM

The bar has been open for many months and he recently reopened the kitchen. Also has chairs for rent.

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/14/2019 02:46 AM

Oh good to know. Has anyone walked down that road to the beach? Don’t know the name of the road. We are staying at Kerensa Villa up the hill. Looks to be about a mile. But we are wondering how safe the road is to walk on. Thanks

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 04:07 AM

Can anyone answer my previous question? Appreciate it!
Posted By: EllenS

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 12:42 PM

Years ago we stayed in a villa above Brewers Bay. As with most of the roads leading down to the beaches on Tortola, it is quite steep. The road was safe, limited traffic, but steep. I believe we walked it once (kids were 8 and 10) after that we drove.

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 03:48 PM

I've never walked it but do drive it quite often. I'd say it's safe to walk from a traffic and pavement perspective. It's a steep road and definitely has some loose gravel so you'll need to be careful walking but it could definitely be done.

I don't know where Kerensa Villa is so I can't speak to the distance.

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 06:14 PM

Oh good. Thanks so much. We won’t have a car but want to check out the beach and Nicole’s. Do you know the hours they are open. It will be mid June possible Saturday 6/15

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 06:47 PM

I don't think he has fixed hours. I'd say you could generally expect him there by 10 or 11am and he'll stay until the beach is quiet around 4:30.
Posted By: GrantMar

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 07:45 PM

Anyone know best place to anchor of if it is possible to get there by Dinghy?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 08:37 PM

Anchor in CGB and dinghy around the point if conditions are OK. Or cab over from CGB..better. There is a big reef and underground cable out of Brewer's tat make it a sketchy place to anchor

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 08:45 PM

There are private boats anchored in the east side of Brewer's frequently but I believe the charter companies have it relined for the reasons Malcom states.
Posted By: Call_me_Ishmael

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/16/2019 11:27 PM

In addition to the undersea cable and the reef, any kind of north swell gets in there and bounces around off the western shore making things pretty uncomfortable. Like Manpot says, better to dinghy from CGB and even better to taxi from there.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/17/2019 03:26 PM

I have been meaning to ask. Did Irma take out the trees next to Nicoles that the French fry thieving birds roosted in?
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/17/2019 03:41 PM

French fry thieves were still there in April.
Posted By: GrantMar

Re: Nicole's beach bar - 05/20/2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Anchor in CGB and dinghy around the point if conditions are OK. Or cab over from CGB..better. There is a big reef and underground cable out of Brewer's tat make it a sketchy place to anchor

Okay, well i think ill pass on it. Seems like i should be able to find another beach i can access via boat.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline