TravelTalkOnline

Meeting TTOL members

Posted By: Schwendy

Meeting TTOL members - 06/02/2019 04:03 PM

I'm always reading stories about TTOL members meeting up in the BVI. How do you guys typically do this? I was thinking about getting some t shirts made or a flag? Do you just walk down the dock shouting TTOL? Bring it up at every bar with everyone you meet? Is there a secret hand shake? Looking forward to meeting other members in Oct. 18 when I'll be on a Mooring's 514pc.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/02/2019 04:26 PM

Posting here where you will be often works. We get the top table at The Elm on Sundays when we are on Tortola and folks find us! I am often out and about and get approached by TTOLers..my mug on the bio for "Manpot's Tales of the Tropics" may have something to do with that but we do seem to find each other. Caps and flags with TTOL are available too..
Posted By: bailau

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/02/2019 04:31 PM

We just post on this board (1) boat type and (2) flag we fly on boat (this time was Chesney and 7 college flags) and (3) trip dates with possible agenda...people replied or pm'ed when they would be down and then we coordinated meeting up.

Caught up with some at White bay, Leverick, Setting Point, and then Cow Wreck...at Cow Wreck the couple wore their college gear and published that publicly and another TTOLer came up to them...

always would enjoy catching up with another Steelers fan although I am not certain yet of our Oct dates...we take same boat out
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/02/2019 07:21 PM

You can put your info up on the BVI Travel Calendar..then people see if their dates match up.

I remember attending a big gathering at the Willy T back in 2003(?) We had glowing necklaces so the TTOLers were recognizable at the T. Had quite a few people there...I thing we bailed at the same time of the the attendees was getting covered with whipped cream while lying on the bar...were there handcuffs involved? We had a few local gatherings in the Annapolis area after that as I recall.

I'm not sure I've met any posters since those days other than Captain Rick and Nick@Leverick (does Beans count?) Maybe Laura briefly at the boat show....
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/02/2019 07:26 PM

I'll see any fellow TTOLers tonight at the Elm...
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/03/2019 12:54 PM

I concur with Rob above. Well, everything but the Steeler Fan thing (Go Panthers!). I reached out to him when I saw his dates. Me being land based made it very possible to meet him and his crew on a particular day. Meeting Chris & Misty on the same day was just a bonus. On a previous trip we met Jonny & Carol at Cow Wreck and then again at CGB for my parents service. We have been very fortunate to meet some of you that I have followed for a couple of years. I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/03/2019 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ndfaninnc
I concur with Rob above. Well, everything but the Steeler Fan thing (Go Panthers!). I reached out to him when I saw his dates. Me being land based made it very possible to meet him and his crew on a particular day. Meeting Chris & Misty on the same day was just a bonus. On a previous trip we met Jonny & Carol at Cow Wreck and then again at CGB for my parents service. We have been very fortunate to meet some of you that I have followed for a couple of years. I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Nothing but love for you Panthers....Patriots is different story

Looking forward to your Fall sea trip report and for Kevin and I hosting you in DC
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/03/2019 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by bailau
Originally Posted by ndfaninnc

Nothing but love for you Panthers....Patriots is different story

Looking forward to your Fall sea trip report and for Kevin and I hosting you in DC

I grew up a Steelers fan. I started watching pro ball when Bradshaw was a rookie. When Richardson brought the Panthers to Charlotte I vowed to back my local team. To this day, when the Steelers come for the preseason game, the stadium is more than half full of Steeler fans. They have a strong fan base here. You have to admire what Tom Brady has done. But aren't we all tired of them now?

I hope to be in or near DC by the end of the summer. I will reach out once I have plans made.
Posted By: ligot

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/03/2019 04:35 PM

Can't be bashful I guess. I've been eager to learn more from other sailors about everything from boats to itineraries so when I see the itineraries line up I drop a message in a thread or even a direct message. Always understanding they have their vacation to focus on but if they're around to share some rum in the islands we're ok with that.
Posted By: ScurvyD

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/03/2019 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zanshin
I'll see any fellow TTOLers tonight at the Elm...

We will be there next Sunday.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/03/2019 10:01 PM

Will be down on Sea Tiger 6/5 thru 13th this trip.
Posted By: stlmco

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/04/2019 12:12 AM

Wes, we are taking our kids out on Serengeti 6/6 thru 6/14. We’ll keep an eye out for you.

John
s/v Serengeti
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/04/2019 12:16 AM

My wife Carol and I will be down for a week starting June 19th. Anyone else coming down then. We’ll be on our cat “Island Fun”
Posted By: ScurvyD

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/04/2019 12:26 AM

Wheels up tomorrow for a seep aboard and out on Wed. Will be on ORION, a lagoon 42 out of TMM. Thanks Mark and BVI Mariner. Planning on Leverick BBQ Friday, Foxy's BBQ Sat, and Elms BBQ on sunday. We'll be the ones your parents warned you about.
Posted By: pedalpusher

Re: Meeting TTOL members - 06/04/2019 12:33 AM

Me and my crew of 11 will be on S/V Altair starting this Saturday until the 23rd.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline