TravelTalkOnline

Stt pick up

Posted By: warren460

Stt pick up - 07/02/2019 08:43 PM

Would it be reasonable to pick up guests arriving at STT at the beach on Lindbergh Bay?

Can you walk there with luggage in tow?

Any issues with pulling the dinghy up on the beach near the emerald beach resort?

Thank you
Posted By: Lcrich

Re: Stt pick up - 07/02/2019 10:04 PM

Following. We are doing the same in October.
Posted By: tothedogs

Re: Stt pick up - 07/02/2019 10:45 PM

We are heading down tomorrow and will pick up a guest along the way. Our plan is to have her ferry to St. John and taxi to Maho or Hawksnest where we will meet her on the beach.
Posted By: cbinparadise

Re: Stt pick up - 07/02/2019 11:43 PM

I was just at Emerald Beach 2 days ago on my way home from St. John. There were some pretty strong winds causing small breakers. Also the beach is rocky and there is a drop off about a foot out from shore. I had to walk way down the beach past the now closed Island Beachcomber just to be able to get in the water. It was a little better as far as less rocks but still a drop off. I can't imagine trying to get in/out of a dinghy under those conditions. But things can change fast.

Re: Stt pick up - 07/02/2019 11:55 PM

Thank you for the current relevant and helpful insights.
Posted By: Lcrich

Re: Stt pick up - 07/03/2019 11:45 AM

Ok so if we have our guests ferry to St John, where do they catch that ferry after flying into STT? Thx
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Stt pick up - 07/03/2019 12:20 PM

The ferry to St. John leaves from the Red Hook terminal every hour. About half hour taxi ride from STT unless it is rush hour.
Linbgerg Bay is usually pretty calm. There is a fair landing spot at the east end of Emerald Beach where they haul out the jet skis.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Stt pick up - 07/03/2019 12:53 PM

There's also an afternoon ferry now from Crown Bay to St. John. It's a bit more expensive, but a much shorter taxi ride.
Posted By: cbinparadise

Re: Stt pick up - 07/03/2019 01:33 PM

We used the Crown Bay ferry 2x in the past 3 weeks going to St. John and coming back. It departs at 3:30pm and 5:30pm from Crown Bay and leaves St. John at 11:00am and 4:15pm. It is a bit more ($20 pp each way + $5 per bag, not including carry on size bags which we kept with us) but so much more convenient if your flight schedule works with those times. Inter Island Boat Services (340) 201-6311 or (340) 776-6597
Posted By: Kunderwater

Re: Stt pick up - 07/05/2019 12:50 AM

We just tried staying in Lindbergh a few weeks ago,4 wave runners came out like angry bees. Running within a few feet of the boat until we had enough and left. Stayed in C.A. harbor and went to Crown Bay to pick up passengers,rewater,refuel,reprovision. It was a nice place and had good summer rates.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Stt pick up - 07/05/2019 01:43 AM

I have stayed at Lindbergh many times but only during the winter months when south winds are not prevalent, but prefer to meet guests at a marina or dinghy and pick them up at the wharf in Charlotte Amalie

Re: Stt pick up - 07/05/2019 02:36 AM

A good alternative could be yacht haven grand dinghy dock or red hook
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Stt pick up - 07/05/2019 10:14 AM

Red Hook Dingy dock just across street from grocery store.Just east of American Yacht Harbor. Reprovision there and have Kevin drop off. He can text you ETA.

Option of picking up at fuel dock with about $30 fee (sometimes even when fueling and picking up guests with no delay, they will charge you this fee... sometimes not).
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline