TravelTalkOnline

Sunny Caribbee

Posted By: CaveMan

Sunny Caribbee - 07/11/2019 02:01 PM

Is Sunny Caribbee open for business?

Thanks
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/11/2019 02:13 PM

No..not sure whether they ever plan to get back in the business either..certainly a shame.
Posted By: CaveMan

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/11/2019 02:49 PM

Thanks. I wanted to get some of their spices next week.
Posted By: flyingcloud

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/11/2019 06:53 PM

Does anyone know the best place to score nutmeg in the BVI? My supply is running dangerously low and I need to stock up this November!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/13/2019 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by flyingcloud
Does anyone know the best place to score nutmeg in the BVI? My supply is running dangerously low and I need to stock up this November!

Amazon has them.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/13/2019 10:19 PM

I could not carry all the whole nutmeg fruits I found on the beach at Great Camanoe. Means you have to get through the outer shell, peel off the aril ( this part, when dried and ground is the spice known as mace), and release the inner seed we know as nutmeg. Also fun to wonder where those treasures floated from, as nutmeg is not a crop in the BVI.

Failing that bit of beachcombing, try Penzey's ( www.penzeys.com)
Posted By: Christo

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/13/2019 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Breeze
I could not carry all the whole nutmeg fruits I found on the beach at Great Camanoe. Means you have to get through the outer shell, peel off the aril ( this part, when dried and ground is the spice known as mace), and release the inner seed we know as nutmeg. Also fun to wonder where those treasures floated from, as nutmeg is not a crop in the BVI.

Failing that bit of beachcombing, try Penzey's ( www.penzeys.com)

Remeber, once you've removed the mace you still need to dry them for a few months before they are at their best.

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/14/2019 02:21 PM

Someone claims they are still selling Sunny Caribee products out of Fish Bay on Sundays..new one on me .I was over there yesterday getting final bits for our CRC rental and did not see any "sign" of Sunny Caribee there..
Posted By: calsail

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/14/2019 04:55 PM

Are we going to see a RENTAL SIGN for CRC soon? How is it going Mal? There are lots of
people missing that beautiful Apple Bay beachfront rental of yours.

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/14/2019 05:58 PM

Well Tom Garvey is our first "guest" downstairs arriving Wed.He'll see it as a big upgrade from the air mattress he stayed on last time!! After that we will be offering it for a very good rate to returners and TTOLers while we sort out new pix website etc..
Posted By: SAIL_BVI

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/14/2019 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by flyingcloud

Now this is one that I can provide some info on... Last November, I was at the market in Trellis Bay and they had a big basket of whole nutmegs at a quarter each. I bought only 4 ,yet I wish I had bought a whole lot more.
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Sunny Caribbee - 07/15/2019 12:05 AM

We used to get them at a good price from Rosy's on Virgin Gorda.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline