TravelTalkOnline

Cooper island

Posted By: HSB

Cooper island - 10/09/2019 06:28 AM

This will be our first trip to Tortola as a family.

My husband visited Cooper Island with his family several decades ago, where they were stranded for several days. ( I hear the story every year at family gatherings)
For nostalgia sake my husband would like to take our son (12)and myself there. Is there a company/person that would take us out there for the day. We will be on Tortola from the 28th- 4th ( those include our travel days) we already have a boat trip booked 29th ( Norman Island / Indians) and we’re hoping to go to Virgin Gorda in a non cruise ship day. Realize our time is limited, during a busy time and New Years is smack in the middle.

Also any other recommendations, are appreciated, we are traveling from Hawai’i and just want our son to have a fun island experience. We will have been in St Croix the week prior.
Thank you in advance..... Heather
Posted By: bailau

Re: Cooper island - 10/09/2019 09:34 AM

Can you tie it into your Norman Islands excursion? I cant see spending a day at Cooper relative to all the other cool stuff you can see in a day at Virgin Gorda and the BVIs in general...
Posted By: donsellsyachts

Re: Cooper island - 10/09/2019 10:40 AM

If you like sailing, here is an idea: www.daysailbvi.com

Re: Cooper island - 10/09/2019 05:29 PM

Thanks .... I hadn’t really thought about that approach. Would help us maximize our time in BVI.

Re: Cooper island - 10/09/2019 05:30 PM

will check out the website, thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Cooper island - 10/09/2019 07:13 PM

There is a supply/staff ferry that goes to Cooper, a couple of times a day, that you can take over. I'm not sure of their schedule, you can e-mail or call them and ask.
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Cooper island - 10/10/2019 01:24 PM

Stay at cooper for a night. We stayed in July for 3 nights. Loved it. The room was great, food was excellent. We will definitely do it again.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline