TravelTalkOnline

No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30

Posted By: Five Faces

No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/25/2019 06:55 PM

Well, I messed up!!!

I waited too long to reserve a rental car/jeep on Anegada and now everyone is booked solid. I tried four places...D&H (Dean), L&H (ARH), L&M, and Amazing Rentals, all booked due to the Lobster Festival this Sat 11/30.

Any other rental places I may have missed?
How is the taxi service on the island?

Quite honestly of all the islands we will be bareboating to I was looking most forward to Anegada, but now I'm wondering if I'm going to get the experience I was hoping for, a desolate island, quiet and untainted by excessive tourism. I'm starting to consider skipping it all together because it is seemingly going to be over crowded and I now fear availability of taxi's. Would this be a mistake?

Thoughts?
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/25/2019 07:52 PM

Can you change your schedule around so you are not in Anegada on this Saturday? Although I'm sure the Lobster Fest would be a lot of fun, it's probably not going to be a quite, desolate island during that time.
Posted By: Kirk

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/25/2019 08:23 PM

I'd hate to miss Anegada...and my wife would probably stop talking to me if we skipped it. can't you just shuffle your itinerary if your worried about crowds?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/25/2019 10:01 PM

Just use taxi’s.
G
Posted By: Twells

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/25/2019 11:15 PM

The taxi is fine. I think it was $8 PP to Cow Wreck. That's as far as we got:)
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/26/2019 01:02 AM

Taxi rates are lower during the day for Lobstefest and there is loads they come from VG and Tola, also there is a dollar taxi from dock all the way to Neptunes in a stretched golf buggy
Posted By: Breeze

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/26/2019 01:48 AM

Honestly, no one wants to go to Anegada anymore, it is just too crowded.
pirate tgif dance boohoo

The only other response I could possibly make here would never clear the robo-censor.
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/26/2019 03:59 AM

We had luck renting a Moke when someone failed to pick theirs up by 11 am the day we were there. When we asked the day before, they were sold out. If you don't want to deal with taxi's you can try waiting til 11 at L&H. $80 for the day - only worth it because we're on vacation.

We went all over and saw the flamingos and Loblolly, but next time we'll just cab to Cow Wreck.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/26/2019 01:16 PM

IMO I would not skip Anegada. Not sure I would want to be there for Lobster Fest. But I have heard it is a hell of a party. If you desire to experience the serene Anegada I would simply adjust your schedule a bit.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/26/2019 01:42 PM

Just use taxis for that day and you'll be fine.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/27/2019 01:05 AM

I would seriously skip Anegada while the Lobster Fest is ongoing this Fri thru Sun. It gets crazy and not always in a good way. The harbor will be packed with a 100+ boats plus multiple ferries arriving from Tortola and St Thomas. Come to Anegada the other 362 days of the year. Seriously.

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/28/2019 04:14 PM

Wow 100+ boats I have never seen even half that number for Lobsterfest, looking forward to being really busy, thanks for the head up!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/28/2019 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by sleepychef
Wow 100+ boats I have never seen even half that number for Lobsterfest, looking forward to being really busy, thanks for the head up!

HAHA...
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/29/2019 12:46 AM

On Monday this week there were were 64 boats at Setting Point. On Tuesday there were 71 boats at Setting Point plus another 10 boats at Pomato Point by Sid's. The Lobster Trap and Potters were packed both evenings as was Cow Wreck and Anegada Beach Club during the day.

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/29/2019 01:16 AM

Yes I know, my restaurant was full Monday,Tuesday Wednesday and Tonight as I'm sure was Anegada Reef you know the places that don't go out and beg at the boats. There is NEVER a 100 boats at Lobsterfest that amount of boat come Mon-Thuir never the weekend, but again you never know.

Re: No Rental Cars Available on Anegada this Sat 11/30 - 11/30/2019 10:32 PM

unfortunatley I was right only about 30 boats for Lobsterfest, same every year
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline