TravelTalkOnline

Anegada 101

Posted By: Jeep2dabeach

Anegada 101 - 12/24/2019 05:39 PM

Hello, we have done many land based trips to JVD and are looking for a quick Anegada comp. We are heading to Anegada for first time prior to a return to JVD. Are there taxis like Bunn or Steven that can bring us to places if needed. Not into driving ourselves around after beverages etc. Staying at Anegada Reef 3 nights. Any feedback recommends much appreciated.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/24/2019 06:24 PM

Yes, there are definitely taxis to take you around -- although renting a car and driving is very easy on Anegada since it is completely flat and quite easy to navigate, even while drinking right and driving left - lol.

The hotel can hook you up with taxi service -- don't forget to sit at the bar and have their famous smoodie at ARH:)
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/24/2019 07:57 PM

As said, there are taxis on Anegada. Personally I like the freedom of going where I want when I want. I have driven on Anegada when at home I absolutely wouldn’t have gotten behind the wheel. Wide open and flat roads. JVD is a great island to stay on. You will really enjoy Anegada. Have a great time!
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/24/2019 07:57 PM

You will find the taxi drivers on Anegada very accommodating. Ask at Potters or ARH. When you meet up with your driver plan out the day with pickup times and places. If the driver can’t fit your plans they will find another driver that can. The service providers on Anegada go out of their way unlike on the more accessible islands where the attitude and rudeness are the norm.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/24/2019 09:57 PM

You can also catch a free ride to/from ABC at the Lobster Trap. I believe Big Bamboo provides free transportation with dinner reservations.
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/24/2019 11:10 PM

I remember with fondness my first trip to Anegada 20 years ago and relying on Tony’s Taxi. It was fun!
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/25/2019 07:10 PM

While driving on Anegada is super easy, you know your limits and if you’d rather taxi there are taxis available. Any bar or restaurant can hook you up - or get a taxi once and get their number to call them when you need them. Enjoy!!
Posted By: Kryssa

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/25/2019 09:28 PM

We rented an electric Moke on Anegada and while you definitely shouldn't be driving under the influence, it's nothing like driving on the other islands. There is only one road and the speed limit is 30 mph. You'll rarely pass another car. It's not a commitment like driving on the other islands is.
Posted By: ligot

Re: Anegada 101 - 12/28/2019 02:24 PM

I like the moke idea, much safer than the scooters and still fun.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline