TravelTalkOnline

Provisioning to Scrub Island

Posted By: Richerts

Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/11/2020 10:39 PM

We will be provisioning a bareboat located at Scrub Island. We have always physically shopped for our provisions at Riteway and took a taxi back to Moorings or Sunsail bases. No problem and, in fact, enjoy doing our own shopping. Has anyone experienced shopping for provisions and the logistics of getting the BAGS and BAGS to Scrub Island?
Posted By: ScurvyD

Re: Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/12/2020 02:13 AM

I could be mistaken, but I believe you can provision through Riteway. They will deliver your order to Scrub via the ferry.
Posted By: SonOfTheSea

Re: Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/12/2020 03:32 AM

We provisioned two boats in May at Scrub Island through Riteway and Caribbean Cellars. While our order with Caribbean Cellars was delivered complete as expected, Riteway shorted both boats on several items and still billed us. We attempted to get refunded after our trip and Riteway customer service and communication was very poor. We ultimately never got refunded for roughly $80 of items ordered and not delivered. I highly suggest giving yourself enough time to get any corrections or missing items from Riteway before leaving the dock, just in case.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/12/2020 01:16 PM

We too had a bad experience with Riteway last month. Missed about 1/2 of our order. If shopping in person I’d go to Bobby’s. They have an excellent selection, friendly people too!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/12/2020 02:26 PM

If you shop at Riteway, to the left of the checkout counters, under the stairs, there are empty boxes. Pack your groceries in those instead of bags and you'll have much less to lug around. Be sure to remove the boxes from the boat as soon as you empty them to avoid bugs coming on board.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/12/2020 02:30 PM

Always Check your DELIVERED goods with the DELIVERY form(This is what they charged your credit card).

THEN check your Delivery form compared to your ORDER form as the order form has what you need for your meals.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/12/2020 03:06 PM

I have to say, we have been using Bobby's for years, and I have never had but a few things missing. And they always circle it on the order and let us know that they didn't have it in stock. They haven't charged us for it if they didn't deliver it
Posted By: DesertWinds

Re: Provisioning to Scrub Island - 02/14/2020 08:05 PM

We chartered with Dream Yacht last May. We pre-ordered our bulk items from Riteway and Caribbean Cellars for delivery. It was a little chaotic because there were 15 or so MIT boats getting provisioned at the same time. The guys that were making deliveries were making them, usually, directly to each boat using a center console outboard. I'm not sure if it's usually done that way. Those guys made multiple trips and worked until 8:00 or so that night. However, we were missing about a third of our order but found it at the Scrub Island store the next morning. I think they made one more late run and left about 20 boxes at the store for people to pick up. In the end, I think our order was short a couple of six packs of soda.
In the morning when we were getting the boat prepped for departure and doing our boat check out, part of our group got on the ferry and headed to the Riteway near the airport to pick up the fresh stuff and smaller items. We departed for Trellis Bay and picked them up via a couple of dinghy trips and off we went.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline